PDA

View Full Version : What is the most recent released version for FedEx?

ebusinesscables
06-30-2005, 09:36 AM
We are using SR V.2.0.0.372 for FedEx. Is there a more recent release and do you advise upgrading or will our release suffice until a major updating?

Bill
eBusinessCables, Inc.

SYSOPS
06-30-2005, 09:41 AM
FedEx v4 is now available:
http://forums.zfirm.com/showthread.php?t=974

The link above outlines the changes\improvements.

SYSOPS

ebusinesscables
06-30-2005, 11:56 AM
The interface for ver. 4 is nice but I am finding problems with the functionality. Namely ver. 4 will not print labels correctly in the selections it offers. We select print without tab-doc and every effort to print gives a "Unsupported label image format" from ShipRush but it prints a label nonetheless but the format is with a tab-doc at the top and it spits out two labels in the process.
Our Eltron/Zebra Orion printer is selected correctly.

I would encourage new users to heed the notice in ShipRush and not delete or remove ver. 2 until issues are resolved.

SYSOPS
06-30-2005, 12:20 PM
Yes you may get the unsupported label image format when printing a test label.

Should not get that when printing an actual label though for shipping.

What size is the label you are using?
Make sure the label stock type is set correctly in ShipRush settings, and then process a shipment. Does it print correctly (no doc tab info)?

It should

SYSOPS

ebusinesscables
06-30-2005, 01:38 PM
No it did not print correctly with an actual shipment. I had to cancel that and go back to ver. 2 to ship.

My settings in ver. 4 are:

Printer setup: Eltron/Zebra Orion (same as in ver.2 setup)
Printer name - FedEx labels - Zebra LP2844 (same as ver. 2)
Label stock selected: 4"x6" without doc-tab

Offset 0 Horiz., 0 Vert.

Thank you for your help.

ebusinesscables
06-30-2005, 01:48 PM
Trying again to ship an actual package - data come in fine and everything looks good as far as fields filled in, etc. Clicking the Ship button returns this error message:

The FedEx server reported an error: Cannot communicate with FedEx communications module. Please check that ATOM and SOLO are running at the configured address.. Please contact tech support group if this error is persistent.

SYSOPS
06-30-2005, 01:55 PM
I would suggest changing the printer setup to the actual printer type you have (there are several model #s in the list).

I setup the same way here and the label from the shipment did not have doctab information.

SYSOPS

ebusinesscables
06-30-2005, 02:31 PM
Yes, this has been done ...

Printer type: Eltron/Zebra 2844 from drop down selection

Printer name: FedEx labels - Zebra LP2844

Label stock : 4"x6" without doc-tab from drop down selection

This is a message we get when trying to ship:

A FedEx Home Delivery® shipment of 1 lbs to name deleted has printed.

The FedEx® Tracking Number is (there is no data displayed)

Courtesy estimate of charges for this shipment:

Base shipping rate : $ 0.00
Surcharges : $ 0.00
Discounts : ($ 0.00)
Markup and handling fees : $ 0.00
-------------------------------------------
Estimated total : $ 0.00

and no label prints.

If we use the Eltron / Zebra Orion printer selection from the drop down, we get an error message of Priviledged Instruction and no label prints.

The printer selection in ver 2.0.0.372 that we have used for some time (from the Ver. 2 settings) is: Eltron Orion (there are only 3 offered).

So in ver 4, we are offered either Eltron / Zebra Orion or Eltron / Zebra 2844 neither of which results in print. Our printer is an Eltron Zebra LP844 but the Orion selection has worked in ver 2.0.0.372.

ebusinesscables
06-30-2005, 02:34 PM
A couple of weeks back, a tech support and I used my GoToMyPc to allow the tech support person to navigate and see what I see. If this would help, please send an email address I may send an "invitation" to and you can take control of my PC.

SYSOPS
06-30-2005, 02:44 PM
Please close ShipRush and then relaunch ShipRush v4.

Try to process the shipment again. Development is aware of the 0.00 dollar shipments being generated.

SYSOPS

ebusinesscables
06-30-2005, 02:55 PM
I have re-booted the PC and re-started SR so many times it's not funny.

I closed and re-started SR yet again, and this is the error message displayed (it's the same as noted earlier):

The FedEx server reported an error: Cannot communicate with FedEx communications module. Please check that ATOM and SOLO are running at the configured address.. Please contact tech support group if this error is persistent.

I opt for your taking control of my PC with GoToMyPC if you agree.

Thanks!

SYSOPS
06-30-2005, 03:08 PM
Will need to be tomorrow, not today. I will contact you tomorrow morning when I am available in the office.

Thank you and please stand by,
SYSOPS

ebusinesscables
06-30-2005, 03:16 PM
We are on the East Coast and will be here until around 1:30pm local time Friday. If you will contact us early (your time), we can probably get this done.

ebusinesscables
07-01-2005, 07:54 AM
Good morning -
We are standing by to resume the resolution of our printing problem with ver. 4 when you are available. We will be here until about 10:30am your time (1:30P) our time.

Thanks.

ebusinesscables
07-01-2005, 09:03 AM
Thanks to some excellent customer support, we have resolved this issue and are happy to report that we are completely satisfied with the results.

SYSOPS
07-01-2005, 09:15 AM
Just to note what we ran into:

ShipRush FedEx v2 once installed something called ATOM for its communication to the FedEx servers. Was no longer used in more recent versions of FedEx.

FedEx v4 was detecting that ATOM was running and could not connect to the FedEx server due to that.

Went into Add\Remove Programs and uninstalled FedEx Communication Module and rebooted. FedEx v4 can now communicate and he is back up and running.

SYSOPS