PDA

View Full Version : Shiprush prompts for a license code every day

trinitysoftware
10-06-2011, 06:11 AM
Each time I start Shiprush in the morning, it prompts for a license code for both Stamps.com and FedEx. I know where to find the codes and I copy and paste them in every day, so I can still use the software, but this never used to happen before I migrated from Endicia to Stamps. Is there a setting somewhere I need to adjust? Thx

SYSOPS
10-06-2011, 06:16 AM
You should be able to use the license for ShipRush Stamps and be covered on both. No need for two codes.

http://stamps.shiprush.com/license.shtml

SYSOPS

trinitysoftware
10-06-2011, 06:29 AM
I tried that this morning and it does not work. The license code for Stamps will not allow FedEx to start. The program will not advance past the page where it asks for the license code. I have to use the FedEx code for Ebay (which is not how I use the software, we are Stand-Alone). Please advise.

trinitysoftware
10-06-2011, 06:38 AM
Also our power went off this morning and now my Zebra printer is not working (only mine is affected, everyone else's seems to be fine) the green light is flashing and the labels are not aligning themselves properly in the printer (off by a couple of inches). **NEVER MIND** a basic reset/recalibration fixed it sorry for the post

SYSOPS
10-06-2011, 07:30 AM
Thank you for the update as to how you're using ShipRush. ShipRush FedEx Stand Alone requires a purchased license.

SYSOPS

trinitysoftware
10-06-2011, 07:44 AM
I understand that - we have provided a credit card for all billing, do I need to re-enter the credit card number somewhere? And NONE of this addresses the problem I am having with needing to re-enter the code EVERY. DAY. which we NEVER had to do until we switched to Stamps.com. We had a VALID FEDEX PURCHASED LICENSE before we switched. We provided credit card information for billing for all of this. Why do I have to re-enter the license code EVERY DAY?

SYSOPS
10-06-2011, 08:12 AM
If you have a purchased license for ShipRush, please call our Sales Team for assistance with that license issue, 206.812.7874. They will be able to assist you with getting a proper license for FedEx and Stamps.

Thank you,
SYSOPS

trinitysoftware
10-06-2011, 08:31 AM
*sigh* If I call the sales department and straighten out my license for FedEx, will that solve the problem of my having to re-enter the Stamps.com license every day as well? If you notice, you have managed to not address my original concern AT ALL. This is why people choose not to use internet support. The people providing the support, whether it be via email or forum, seem to never address the question being asked. Then when you call for support and wait on hold forever and ever the recorded message asks you if you've tried the internet! support! it's great! no need to wait on hold!

SYSOPS
10-06-2011, 08:37 AM
You have a purchased license, according to your earlier post. I find no information about a purchased license in our system, sorry to say. Therefore I cannot assist beyond this point.

A call into our Sales Team is required to straighten out the question\issue about the license being asked for.

We are trying to assist you with your original question\concern, but sometimes we cannot give you the full answer on the forum.

Thank you,
SYSOPS

SYSOPL
10-06-2011, 09:00 AM
Please refrain from being rude to our support team on the forums. We apologize if you are frustrated but we really are trying to help.

You do not have a purchased license - according to our records you are using the ecommerce license for FedEx and Stamps.com / Endicia.

If you have fully transitioned over to Stamps.com and no longer need Endicia, you can find your license here:

http://stamps.shiprush.com/license.shtml

Choose one of the ecommerce licenses to be enabled for FedEx and postal. Note that the free option for FedEx is ONLY available for the ecommerce integrations. In general, FedEx licensing for stand-alone systems is an annual fee. If you are no longer using ShipRush with an ecommerce system (eBay, Amazon, PayPal, etc) then you should purchase a stand-alone license for FedEx - this license will come with Stamps.com enabled.

In case you are still in the transition process and need an extension for the Endicia portion of the license, the extended license for ecommerce has been emailed to you.

SYSOPR
10-06-2011, 02:51 PM
Each time I start Shiprush in the morning, it prompts for a license code for both Stamps.com and FedEx.

There are these possibilities:
a) The code you have is wrong or expired
b) The code you have is about to expire, but not fully expired (and what you see is a warning)
c) There is a problem on the PC, and ShipRush is unable to save the code you enter

If you enter the same code every time, and it works, and SR says it is fully expired when it comes up, that indicates the problem is 'c' This might be caused by an anti virus app that interferes with how ShipRush works.

If ShipRush says "expiring soon" (vs "expired") then the problem may be a or b, and what you need is a new code (and you do not need to enter a code now, and can continue to run.

HTH!

SYSOPR
10-06-2011, 02:52 PM
Oh, and if the problem persists, please give us a call (sorry!). That is the best way to solve issues we are not getting solved here on the forums.

(When the forums work, they work great. When we are missing the point, please give us a call.)

trinitysoftware
10-07-2011, 05:54 AM
The reason you cannot find our license is because it was purchased under Software Source Store, not Trinity Software. We have used Shiprush for FedEx (stand alone) for over a year now with no issues. Now that we have migrated to Stamps, we have to put our license code in every day. I already have the email with the extension code for Endicia. I don't need that anymore - I have transitioned to Stamps already. I think it is very suspicious that everything worked just fine on the FedEx side until I upgraded and migrated and now it's prompting me for a license code every day. If I did not pay for the FedEx license, how would I have been using the service for the past year? I am not being rude to your support staff. I am simply telling you how the customer perceives the support forums. Surely you can accept some constructive criticism? Perhaps if you would address my original concern, I would not be frustrated. I understand that you think I am a moron who cannot handle purchasing a license. I work in software too - I am well acquainted with the idiot customer. However, if you would listen to what I am telling you rather than telling me what you THINK I am telling you, maybe you could help me out here. I really just don't want to have to put my license code in every day. If that's what has to be done, all right, I guess there is nothing to be done about it, but surely there must be a work-around for this, amirite? Help me out here...

SYSOPR
10-07-2011, 08:40 AM
Please give us a call so we can get this sorted out.

Something is wrong. It should not prompt.

Ask for senior support when you call.

Sorry for the hassle!

ecollier2012
10-11-2011, 04:47 PM
Help - I need one more Encidia/ X-cart license to get us through the upgrade to Stamps.com. Were stuck...please send us a license

SYSOPP
10-11-2011, 07:48 PM
Please send email to info at shiprush.com