PDA

View Full Version : Label orentation

dgangstee
10-15-2011, 01:03 PM
I have a problem, my newest batch of labels seem to be made with thinner paper stock. My labels are the FedEx 8.5 X 11" where only half the page has a 4" X 10" die-cut label and the other half is plain paper.

Previously I loaded my Laserjet 4250 with the labels having the plain paper side as the leading part of the label because SR prints on the lower half of the page with this printer ( my previous printer a Laserjet 4100 printed on the upper half of the page - go figure).

Things were printing fine until this newest batch of labels, now the thinner leading plain paper end jams as it exits the toner cartridge inside the printer. My solution is to rotate the labels so they go into the printer with the label end first and since the label end is thicker, the printer doesn't jam.

The problem is the label print orientation. The printer has an option in the driver to rotate the print 180 degrees, and the print is in fact rotated when I print a test page from Windows. However when I use SR to print labels SR always prints the shipping label on the bottom half of the page (which is now the plain paper end of the label) regardless of the printer drivers rotation setting.

How can I get SR to print to the top half of the page?

SYSOPP
10-16-2011, 10:32 AM
Oh, I think the only solution is the Margin setting. Set the Vert Margin setting to 5 and that should get close. Then try changing margin until it prints where you want.