PDA

View Full Version : Shiprush v9.5 and Browser Plugin

ronneseth
10-18-2011, 03:12 PM
Hi,

I just had a customer update their software to v9.5 because they wanted to setup Stamps.com (the issue is related to Fedex v9.5 though). Here the sequence of events that lead up to an issue using the browser plugin setup:

1. The customer clicks on the link in the browser that opens ShipRush. This is a Fedex shipment, so Shiprush for Fedex opens.
2. Shiprush is able to retrieve the shipment information from the URL provided to the browser plugin without an issue.
3. Once the customer clicks "Ship", the label prints, but it fails to post back to the URL provided (an pop-up error messages says it failed).
4. If the customer now tried to print another label, he gets errors that says the shipping information cannot be retrieved from the server. The only way to recover at this point is the restart ShipRush.

Nothing changed on the server side -- in particular, I made sure that the postback still works in my browser (since that is what appears to put ShipRush in a "bad state").

This was my first customer I converted to Stamps.com, and I'm now worried about converting additional customers until this issue is resolved.

Any help would be awesome!

Thanks,
Andreas

SYSOPR
10-18-2011, 03:51 PM
Thank you for the write up.

Please help us get oriented a bit:

a) What version and build of SR is this? (9.5.0.47151 was released on Oct 16)
b) Do you have 9.5 working in your dev environment?
c) Have you done a full cycle test that works on any environment?

Thanks!

ronneseth
10-19-2011, 11:29 AM
Hi,

a) The version is 9.5.0.46730
b) Did something change in 9.5 for the browser plugin for Fedex? I haven't been testing every other upgrade from ShipRush as I assume the interfaces will not break. I'm working on testing 9.5 Fedex now.
c) Could you please clarify what you mean by "any environment"?

Thanks for your help!

SYSOPR
10-19-2011, 01:20 PM
a) The version is 9.5.0.46730

Thank you.

b) Did something change in 9.5 for the browser plugin for Fedex?

Not that we intended!

c) Could you please clarify what you mean by "any environment"?

We are asking the following:

"You are reporting that a specific site is having a specific problem, apparently resulting from ShipRush v9.5. Can you help us understand is this problem specific to that site, or is the problem specific to v9.5? IOW, (a) do you have other sites running 9.5 OK, and only a problem at this one site, or (b) is there only one site in your world using v9.5, and that is the problem?"

We are doing some research on this question on ZF Case 29366, but it will take a couple of days for us to have results.

ronneseth
10-19-2011, 01:46 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the clarification. I just tested 9.5 Fedex in my test environment, and it seems to be working without any issues (running same version on XP), so it seems like it might be tied to the environment at this one customer. This is the first and only customer of mine to upgrade.

What logs file should I get from the customer that may help you? I will also get the version of Windows as that might have an impact.

Thanks again,

Andreas

SYSOPR
10-19-2011, 03:54 PM
First off, emulate the user from your desktop.

Also note, if you just installed, you are running a newer build of ShipRush. Have the user try the same.

The log we would need is shiprush9.log, but hopefully you see the issue on your side (the log is not always helpful).

ronneseth
10-19-2011, 04:35 PM
Hi, I tried to emulate the user using both the new (9.5.0.47151) and older (9.5.0.46730) version of ShipRush, and both works for me. I think we have isolated it to something in the user's environment. Here is the plan:

1. I'll have the user update to the latest version of ShipRush (9.5.0.47151).
2. If it still doesn't work, I'll try to setup ShipRush in the same version of Windows as he has (not sure what that is right now, will get that info tomorrow).
3. I'll get the user's ShipRush9.log
4. Worst case, the customer may need support directly from ShipRush through Remove Connect, but we'll try to avoid that.

Thanks for your help so far.

--Andreas

ronneseth
10-22-2011, 01:58 PM
So the customer figured it out themselves. The customer noticed that the Internet Connection settings were set to "Windows". The customer changed it to "compatible" and the connection started happening.

What is the difference between Native, Windows, and Compatible in this setting?

--Andreas