PDA

View Full Version : Use ShipRush using Multiple Printers

Nickdev1
10-28-2011, 10:40 AM
I have a scenario where we have 1 Shiprush Server and 3 workstations.

Scenario 1:

All 3 workstations can print to the SAME printer. This works fine since all 3 users sit in the same office togehter!

Scenario 2:

We want to configure it such that each USER can print to their own printer. Can it be configured somehow/someway? For instance, if we use a VPN and each user is in a different city, and I print a label, I need my label to print on my UPS printer, and the other guy needs his label to print to his UPS printer. It is like Scenario 1 execpt the users are not close together so the one printer is not practical.

Scenario 3:

I have a CITRIX server and 3 users log in to my application. Each user is in a different physical location but all log in to the CITRIX server and use the 'common' application. When we print a label, can it be configured so that the label comes out on my local printer? Again, since not in same physical location we all 3 can't share a single UPS printer.

See Attachement if that helps explain my situtation!1238

SYSOPS
10-28-2011, 10:53 AM
Let's back up a bit: Is this in a custom SDK application? If so, are you controlling the printing, or using the printing settings in ShipRush? Also, what type of integration is this (SOAP, visual, non-visual)?

SYSOPS

Nickdev1
10-28-2011, 02:25 PM
We are using ShipRush Non-Visual Runtime License (currently integrated with V7). We developed with ShipRush SDK. We are using the printer settings in ShipRush (ShipRush Setup Utility - "select printer" screen where it asks for Label Printer Type, Label Printer, Paperwork Printer and Sumamry Barcode) but inquiring about how/if it can be done to accomplish the scenario detailed in the diagram. It is working fine with all workstations sharing a single network UPS/Fedex Printer. Now exploring how to configure to print to local printer when workstations are not in the same physical location AND each workstation has a local printer connected. Or if there is a Citrix configuration.

Is it configurable? Does it require mutliple instances of a Shiprush Server and license?

Thanks for the help.

Paul

SYSOPS
10-28-2011, 02:34 PM
In a regular ShipRush environment for TS, it is configurable. Do not know if there are conditions in the SDK that would cause this to not work.

Helpfile link for v7 ShipRush and Terminal Server:
http://www.zfirm.com/Product_Documentation/ShipRush_v7-0_FedEx/Windows_Terminal_Server.htm
There's a section that discusses advanced configuration for TS Environments

We don't have a special configuration for Citrix vs standard TermServer. The question on your side is, how do I get the user's local printer into the TS environment. Beyond our scope here.

HTH,
SYSOPS

SYSOPR
10-28-2011, 03:26 PM
Is this using ShipRush 7.0 or 7.5 ?