PDA

View Full Version : URGENT - Need to Delete a Thrid Party Shipment from ShipRushv3

reyese
06-22-2004, 08:22 AM
Hello,

I am a ShipRush v3 user (Act version).

Recently, we had a situation that required us to ship to Canada using a customer's UPS account. Mistakenly, we used the "third party" option under payment since I did not see any other option under the payment section. Well, I went ahead and entered the information. However, I later found out that the "third party" option was the incorrect option to use. ShipRush also displayed the following error message every time I attempted to process the Thrid Party Order:

Category Message Create At

" Shipment {TUPSManager.IntExecuteShip} Thrid party billing account is not a valid shipper <shows the date od the shipment>"

I immediately deleted the shipment so as to avoid the uploading of this label and UPS charges against the customer's account.

To my surprise, at the end of my shift the "End of Day Manifest" printout showed the third party shipment that have been previously deleted from the system using the ShipRush application.

I just spoke with someone at the UPS customer service center and they confirmed that the Third Party shipment has been processed and that the customer will be built for it.

My questions are:

- Where is the prepaid-collect option in ShipRush?
- How can this happen if I actually deleted the shipment to avoid the very same issue I am now experiencing?
- How can I go ahead and delete this shipment without having to ask the customer to call UPS to have the shipping charges remove from his account (as per UPS CSR)?
- Is there a way to preview the “End Of Day” Manifest before it is uploaded and printed?

Thank you,
Edgar

SYSOPS
06-22-2004, 10:05 AM
- Where is the prepaid-collect option in ShipRush?
** If doing a shipment to Canada you should have been able to select the shipment as Freight Collect and enter in the UPS account #.

- How can this happen if I actually deleted the shipment to avoid the very same issue I am now experiencing?
**That shipment was still in ShipRush. That is the only way that the data was uploaded.

- How can I go ahead and delete this shipment without having to ask the customer to call UPS to have the shipping charges remove from his account (as per UPS CSR)?
**Need to have UPS delete that shipping charge from the account. Cannot delete a shipment in ShipRush once you've uploaded data.

- Is there a way to preview the “End Of Day” Manifest before it is uploaded and printed?
**You can View Shipments and it defaults to today's date. In there you will see all the shipments that will be uploaded to UPS.

HTH,
SYSOPS