PDA

View Full Version : Connecting issue, Read Stream error, the list goes on....

heatermeals
07-06-2005, 12:47 PM
I am getting a connection request on shiprush V3 on startup. Just started doing it so I shut down all virus and spyware programs that didnt help. Tried to restart the services, didnt help. I am lost at this point and have shipments pilling up. Any thoughts?

SYSOPR
07-06-2005, 03:43 PM
Could you post a screen shot?

(the steps are in the FAQ area on the menu bar above)

Thanks!

heatermeals
07-07-2005, 08:31 AM
Here is the set of what happens. First is to start the program, I get the connection issue and nothing happens no matter where I try to connect. Then it does the Read Stream, then the memory issues start.

heatermeals
07-07-2005, 08:32 AM
Screen 1 for the issues of connection

SYSOPR
07-07-2005, 11:38 AM
Greetings!

If rebooting does not fix the problem, then set it to use a direct ADO connection (the bottom option in the screen you posted).

See the ShipRush help file for the info on how to do this.

I will email you the SQL password now (to Tim H's email)

(If you have trouble with this, please call in an open a phone support incident.)

heatermeals
07-07-2005, 12:48 PM
Nope didnt work.

SYSOPS
07-11-2005, 06:29 AM
Browse out to documents and settings\username\application data\z-firm llc\shiprush v3 and locate shiprush3.log

That may indicate an issue with trying to connect. If need be, post back with the last 10 to 15 lines from that file here, and we'll try to determine the connection issue.

Also, refer to the kbase article about this at:
http://www.zfirm.com/knowledge_bases/shiprush/sr3p-0003.txt

SYSOPS

heatermeals
11-18-2005, 10:42 AM
Well, , ,
different person - same problem:

My PC now can't connect to ShipRush:

11/17/2005 9:55:14 AM CRITICAL (Connect) Unable to connect to ShipRush shipping service at "http://HEATER01:1123"

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks !

Dave Blandford
Marketing Director
HeaterMeals Self-Heating Meals

SYSOPS
11-18-2005, 10:55 AM
We need to switch to ADO. There is more than likely an issue with XP and a new service update that is causing this.

To switch to ADO:
When ShipRush fails to connect, will have the option of changing the servername or select Connect to ShipRush via ADO. Select ADO and click Build ADO connection string

Provider Tab
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server

Connection Tab
1. servername\SHIPRUSH3 (example...SERVER\SHIPRUSH3 or if local, .\SHIPRUSH)
2. Use specific username and password
- username: sa
- password: emailed to you directly
- Click allow saving password
3. Select the database on the server
- Click the dropdown and select ShipRush -v3

Test connection

If all is good, ShipRush should now connect.

If you are having issues with the ADO connection and getting a list, please let me know.

SYSOPS

heatermeals
11-18-2005, 11:14 AM
Thanks for the quick reply.

I am not even seeing the screen which allows the chance to switch servernames.

ShipRush locks-up, and I can only shut it down from Microsoft Task Manager.

Strange, , , ,

I am using Windows 200 on this PC. I did turn-off the anti-virus & anti-spyware programs.

I am downloading from the zfirm website.

Any other tips ?

Thanks !

Dave Blandford

SYSOPS
11-18-2005, 11:18 AM
Search for and find shiprush3.log on the workstation.

Copy\paste the last 10 to 15 lines from that log. Maybe it will help indicate the issue.

SYSOPS

heatermeals
11-18-2005, 12:13 PM
7/1/2005 9:57:06 AM CRITICAL (Connect) A connection with the server could not be established - ...
11/17/2005 9:55:14 AM CRITICAL (Connect) Unable to connect to ShipRush shipping service at "http://HEATER01:1123"

SYSOPS
11-18-2005, 12:23 PM
OK looking at that, I'm confused. What is the name of the ShipRush Server PC you're trying to connect to?

I would try the following to see if you can get it to work. Same folder that you found the logfile above, is a file called shiprushclient.ini.

Open that file and locate a entry called SOAPSERVER
Set the value to the name of the Shipping PC
Save changes and close

Launch ShipRush, does it come up, error, or hang?

SYSOPS

SYSOPR
11-20-2005, 01:53 PM
This issue looks too hairy to easily tackle here on the forums. Please call in to Z-Firm customer service (206-812-7874) and open a phone support incident.

Thank you!