PDA

View Full Version : Third party billing with v4 FedEx

klm
07-07-2005, 10:50 AM
Hi,

We are having a problem with the new v4 system.

We tried to send a FedEx package 2day with third party billing. Once we chose third party, we entered the 3rd party shipper name into the account box. However, when we clicked Ship, we got a message saying that there was no address or something for the third party, yet there is nowhere to put this information like there is for v3 UPS. Did the programmers forget to put this piece in or can we just not figure it out?

The second and third time we tried 3rd party billing with this same customer/label, we clicked Ship and it acted like it went through - a dialogue box came up as usual, but it didn't have a tracking number or an amount and nothing printed.

Thanks,
Karen

SYSOPR
07-07-2005, 11:34 AM
Hello Karen,

I see the problem. This is a bug in v4 related to third party billing.

It will be fixed in the next update to v4, later this month (I hope!)

When SR4 stops working, just exit it and restart it and it should come back to life.

klm
07-07-2005, 12:48 PM
How do we ship with a third party in the meantime? It won't let us do so. Do we use v2 or is there a way around it?

SYSOPR
07-07-2005, 04:26 PM
You would have to use v2 for now.

klm
07-08-2005, 05:45 AM
Se only use our fedex SR for third party billing. Do you know when this will be resolved?

Thanks.

SYSOPR
07-08-2005, 09:24 AM
We hope to have an update soon to address this. There will be an announcement.

dbpaddler
12-04-2006, 12:41 AM
Didn't want to start a new thread for this so I thought I'd revive this one. Just downloaded ShipRush v4 for my ebay auctions. I sometimes use 3rd party billing for buyer's accounts or friends' accounts when I sell things for them. I don't see a way to enter a place to change the bill to info. Was all excited for an easy ebay/FedEx solution, but it looks like I have to do it the old fashioned way if I can't change this. Am I missing something?

SYSOPS
12-04-2006, 06:38 AM
Once the airbill pops up on the screen, change the Payment from Sender to Third Party, or Recipient Account.

HTH,
SYSOPS