PDA

View Full Version : Labels for multi-package shipment problems

Alto's
07-12-2005, 06:24 AM
When we try to print the labels for shipments with multiple packages, the labels do not print correctly. The printer will only print labels for a few of the packages and may print MANY copies of several packages within the shipment, especially the last package. We then have to go into the view shipment section and reprint the missing labels and throw away all the wasted labels that were printed many times.

SYSOPS
07-12-2005, 06:39 AM
Type of printer?
How is it connected (local or on network)?
Label stock?
Build of ShipRush (Help | About will provide that information)?

This is not a "known" issue so more information is needed.

Thank you,
SYSOPS

Alto's
07-12-2005, 07:05 AM
Thanks for your prompt response.

The printer is an Eltron LP2844 that's connected locally.
We're using the standard direct thermal labels (4X8 in a roll).
The version of ShipRush is 3.0.0.664.

SYSOPS
07-12-2005, 07:13 AM
I would double check your printer settings in ShipRush

Make sure that the printer is set to Eltron for the Printer Type

Also, how fast is the PC in question that ShipRush and the printer are on? It almost sounds like a hardware issue on the machine (CPU, memory, etc).

SYSOPS

Alto's
07-12-2005, 08:03 AM
The printer settings are correct and the computer is not new but at 1.8, it should be fine. I did find an upgraded version of the printer driver and we'll see how that goes.

Alto's
07-20-2005, 06:21 AM
The updated driver didn't fix the problem. I've tried printing shipping labels from another printer and continue to have the same problem. Still not printing all the labels and printing many copies of others.

SYSOPS
07-20-2005, 06:32 AM
The issue appears to be unique to your environment.

If you change the printer out to a different computer, and then set that new printer in ShipRush on the workstation, does it print correctly?

SYSOPS

Ballistic
06-05-2007, 07:24 AM
The issue appears to be unique to your environment.

If you change the printer out to a different computer, and then set that new printer in ShipRush on the workstation, does it print correctly?

SYSOPS

I am having the same problem and we've confirmed this on multiple computers. Both computers are brand new, one with XP SP2 and one with Vista. ShipRush 5.0.0.2187 for Fedex and the LP2844 printer. Our problem is that when we ship two packages, it prints two of the first label and then the second label. In fact, the duplicate label is weird because the actual shipping label is the same as the first label, but the doc tag attached to the duplicate shows the estimated shipping cost of the second package.
On more than two packages, three duplicates print of the first package, a second package label prints, and then the other package labels don't print at all. So far we've just thrown away the duplicate, but we really need to be able to ship more than two packages and have to resort to fedex.com which is frustratingly slow especially after how quick shiprush is. Please advise how to fix.

SYSOPS
06-05-2007, 07:35 AM
Is the printer connected via parallel port, USB, or serial?

If serial, please connect to the PC via parallel or USB.

SYSOPS

SYSOPR
06-05-2007, 02:17 PM
Yes, as mentioned, this can happen when the printer is connected via a serial port.

Also, I always use the Generic print driver method: See the Alternate Print Driver method: http://zfirm.com/Product_Documentation/ShipRush_v5-0_UPS/Thermal_Printer_Installation.htm