PDA

View Full Version : Unable to connect to Amazon

lisapar
03-05-2012, 05:59 AM
Hello,

I use ShipRush to connect to my webstores: Ebay, Yahoo, and Amazon. All my transactions for Ebay and Yahoo continue to integrate, but in the past week I've been receiving the following pop-up when loading ShipRush:

"Unable to connect to Amazon. Please check your internet connections and try again. Read Timeout"

I have ShipRush version: 9.0.0.44889
I have an Amazon account in good standing so I'm not sure why my orders are not integrating.

Thank you.

greenfence
03-05-2012, 07:05 AM
I am having the same problem!

weiphone
03-05-2012, 07:48 AM
same problem here.
but my other amazon account is ok with shiprush.

greenfence
03-05-2012, 08:03 AM
I found a solution in another post:

We are still actively working on the error users began receiving when refreshing ShipRush Order Manager from Amazon. We have a current workaround that should resolve these issues for the immediate future.

Please follow these steps:

1 - Reboot your machine.
2 - (Vista/Windows 7 only) To open ShipRush, right-click on the shortcut on the desktop and select to run as administrator.
3 - Go to Settings | Shipping Settings | Advanced | Internet Connection.
4 - Click 'Configure'. NOTE: If you received any errors at this point, follow steps 1 - 2 again.
5 - In the internet connection type, select 'Windows'.
6 - Press OK out of all settings screens.
7 - Exit ShipRush completely, make sure to click on the icon in the system tray and select exit. If you don't see the icon in the system tray, click the arrow to expand the area.
8 - Reopen ShipRush as normal.

We will be in touch as we find out more from Amazon on the changes made in the system.

Thank you!

ShipRush Support Team

SYSOPL
03-05-2012, 08:07 AM
Thank you for posting that!

We are actively working on the issue with Amazon's support team but as of yet, we don't have an ETA. That workaround should resolve the immediate problems though.

CMLSupply
03-05-2012, 10:46 AM
Just a quick note: The fix worked OK for us. But- since we were stumbling through this Friday and this morning- none of our shipments were confirmed back to Amazon. We were still receiving order/address information to ship packages. But the shipment information was not sent back to Amazon. I am now manually confirming/pasting tracking numbers for over 120 orders from Friday afternoon and this morning.
So anyone with this problem may want to check their Amazon account, since you don't get paid until the order is confirmed!

SW20Fl
03-05-2012, 12:05 PM
The new fix doesn't work for me. I'm still getting the same error message.

SYSOPR
03-05-2012, 12:07 PM
The new fix doesn't work for me. I'm still getting the same error message.

Walk through the fix steps, then reboot the machine.

SW20Fl
03-05-2012, 12:51 PM
Walk through the fix steps, then reboot the machine.

Followed the instructions to T. Walked through the steps (including reboot), then rebooted. Still same error.

SYSOPR
03-05-2012, 12:57 PM
Followed the instructions to T. Walked through the steps (including reboot), then rebooted. Still same error.

Sorry to hear this.

Next steps:

1) Check Internet Explorer: Does it work, can it surf the internet, including amazon.com?
-- If not, there may be a proxy or other setting in IE connection settings, which needs to be cleared

2) Turn off all security software, personal firewall software, cycle ShipRush, see if that helps.

Please keep us posted.

SW20Fl
03-05-2012, 01:02 PM
Sorry to hear this.

Next steps:

1) Check Internet Explorer: Does it work, can it surf the internet, including amazon.com?
-- If not, there may be a proxy or other setting in IE connection settings, which needs to be cleared

2) Turn off all security software, personal firewall software, cycle ShipRush, see if that helps.

Please keep us posted.

I have internet connection, but IE is not working. I'll get that solved and post back.

SYSOPR
03-05-2012, 01:27 PM
I have internet connection, but IE is not working. I'll get that solved and post back.

That is the issue, I bet. This connection mode from ShipRush uses the same guts as IE uses.

The problem is usually in the Control Panel, Internet Connection area. Sometimes a proxy or other setting gets set there (sometimes by malware), which breaks this communication path.

We suggest that you focus on getting IE to work, then restart ShipRush and see if it flies.

xueyanwoo@yahoo.com
03-06-2012, 08:08 AM
Works for me. Thanks a lot

I found a solution in another post:

We are still actively working on the error users began receiving when refreshing ShipRush Order Manager from Amazon. We have a current workaround that should resolve these issues for the immediate future.

Please follow these steps:

1 - Reboot your machine.
2 - (Vista/Windows 7 only) To open ShipRush, right-click on the shortcut on the desktop and select to run as administrator.
3 - Go to Settings | Shipping Settings | Advanced | Internet Connection.
4 - Click 'Configure'. NOTE: If you received any errors at this point, follow steps 1 - 2 again.
5 - In the internet connection type, select 'Windows'.
6 - Press OK out of all settings screens.
7 - Exit ShipRush completely, make sure to click on the icon in the system tray and select exit. If you don't see the icon in the system tray, click the arrow to expand the area.
8 - Reopen ShipRush as normal.

We will be in touch as we find out more from Amazon on the changes made in the system.

Thank you!

ShipRush Support Team

lisapar
03-07-2012, 04:45 AM
There were so many posts in this thread, I just want to make sure that I didn't miss anything. I read the temporary workaround, but it is my understanding that shipment confirmation is not posting back to Amazon using the workaround.

Are ShipRush & Amazon still working on the original issue? Where will the fix ultimately be posted?

SYSOPS
03-07-2012, 07:15 AM
The workaround should do it all (download and post back). The update to the Case will be posted here.

SYSOPS

SYSOPR
03-08-2012, 10:51 AM
There were so many posts in this thread, I just want to make sure that I didn't miss anything. I read the temporary workaround, but it is my understanding that shipment confirmation is not posting back to Amazon using the workaround.

Are ShipRush & Amazon still working on the original issue? Where will the fix ultimately be posted?

The temporary fix is a fine permanent fix, and ALL data is fixed, posting back AND downloading orders.

CMLSupply
03-08-2012, 11:24 AM
This fix worked fine for our Windows 7 PCs. But- it does not work for our primary shipping PC that is Windows XP pro.
We are able to ship one package successfully, but if we ship a second package we get an error "unable to retrieve label from stamps.com".
We can exit shiprush and restart and it will work again. We are able to duplicate the problem quite easily.
The problem- it still uses postage, and we have to log on to stamps.com to request a refund.
So- as of right now- the Windows XP machine still has internet connection set to "compatible" and we can't use it for Amazon orders.
We called in the other day and were told a few others are seeing this too.
Anyone else having this problem?

SYSOPS
03-08-2012, 11:27 AM
Please try the following on the XP machine
Change the Inet option to Native instead of Windows
Restart ShipRush

Run two labels

HTH,
SYSOPS

SYSOPR
03-08-2012, 12:15 PM
Also, make sure (on the problem PC) that IE works. Sometimes the control panel settings for "internet connection" are messed up in such a way that IE doesn't work (and if IE doesn't work, ShipRush will also have problems).

It is fixable, but IE is the diagnostic.

CMLSupply
03-08-2012, 12:23 PM
IE does work. It did work when we tried setting shiprush to "Windows" connection mode yesterday and Wednesday and Tuesday. We did this for every test we did.
We just tried Native mode. We did not include any other settings for proxy, etc.
It printed one label, failed on the second label.
When trying "Windows" mode, we were able to get it to fail using the "Test Connection" button. It would ping google and microsoft the first time, and then die the second time we hit the test button.

SYSOPR
03-08-2012, 02:15 PM
CMLSupply: If the problem persists, give the ShipRush support team a call.

CMLSupply
03-08-2012, 02:20 PM
I will do that. I called Monday about this problem, and was told to wait until the whole thing was resolved.

SYSOPS
03-09-2012, 10:49 AM
This is a situation where we are stuck between a rock and hard place. To get around the Amazon issue, we need to set to something other than compatible, but due to an issue of downloading labels from Stamps, it will tender an error if not set to compatible.

We will update on this issue once we have a resolution to the Amazon issue.

SYSOPS

SYSOPR
03-09-2012, 03:56 PM
On Monday we will be testing a possible fix to this issue.

SYSOPS
03-13-2012, 06:48 AM
We now have an update available in our beta area that will allow you to switch back to Compatible Mode for the internet connection, resolving this issue.

Download is available here:
http://www.shiprush.com/downloads/product_betas.shtml

Please make sure to update your main machine first if this is on a network.

SYSOPS

lisapar
03-19-2012, 05:38 AM
I went through the steps in the workaround (note, there is an mis-step in the instructions: #3) -
Go to Settings | Shipping Settings | Advanced | Internet Connection
Internet Connection is not under Advanced. The correct path is: Settings | Shipping Settings | Internet Connection

Anyway, I went through the above steps, and now every so often this pop-up appears:

"Unable to call My.ShipRush. 301: Interrupted. Unable to POST to "https://api.ShipRush.com/accountservice.svc/user/get" (windows)"

Also, I'm noticing that tracking information is sometimes posting to Ebay & Yahoo Stores, but not with every shipment transaction. Every so oftern the tracking number doesn't post to the Ebay or Yahoo Store.

lisapar
03-19-2012, 05:49 AM
I tried downloading the update from the link above, and near the end of the install I get this error message:

"The Installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2753"

SYSOPS
03-19-2012, 06:23 AM
Please refer to this kbase article on how to fix the 2753 Windows Installer Error:
http://www.zfirm.com/knowledge_bases/shiprush/srxa-0322.txt

SYSOPS

lisapar
03-19-2012, 06:37 AM
I tried to following Method #1, but get this error:

"This untility will remove Windows Installer Clean Up from your machine". The link does not install a program to use from the start up menu.

I do not know how to remove registry keys as listed in method # 2 and #3.

This is getting very frustrating!

SYSOPS
03-19-2012, 07:21 AM
Please give a call into our Customer Service Group at 206.812.7874 for additional assistance.

Thank you,
SYSOPS