PDA

View Full Version : Unable to connect My.Shiprush to new Magento Store

MDowdal
04-19-2012, 09:48 AM
I have the proper credentials, but I get an error message when I attempt to Set Up Automatically by FTP:

"The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found"

Could one of you perhaps walk me through this process, as I am lost and do not know what I need to do next to connect to my Magento store. Thanks!

SYSOPS
04-19-2012, 09:57 AM
Please email into support at shiprush dot com with your webstore URL that you're using for the FTP, as well as your My.ShipRush email address.

Thank you,
SYSOPS

SYSOPS
04-19-2012, 10:17 AM
Thank you for the info. Didn't give us much to go on at this stage though.

Things to try:
For the FTP URL:
Try ftp://your domain here.com orftp://ftp.yourdomain.com

In a command prompt, do a "ping www.yourdomain.com" and it should give you an IP address. Use that IP address for the FTP server during the setup.

Let us know how this goes.

Thank you,
SYSOPS

MDowdal
04-19-2012, 10:25 AM
Tried both methods, with the same error message. Has anyone reported this sort of issue before?

SYSOPS
04-19-2012, 11:21 AM
We've seen it (last time was back in 2010) and it had to do with an odd character in the URL for the domain. That's what I was kind of hoping to see with your domain, but it's nice and clean.

Please give a call into support at 206.812.7874 as we would like to remote in with you to review this error in greater detail and help get you setup with Magento.

Thank you,
SYSOPS

apxautoparts
07-26-2012, 11:12 AM
ShipRush does not integrate with Magento 1.4 so I was really excited about upgrading to 1.7 so that my shipments are synced with the website. Unfortunately ShipRush does not appear to be compatible with Magento 1.7.

I am getting the exact same error as the person who started this thread. Can you guys test and make sure that Ship Rush works with 1.7?

SYSOPS
07-26-2012, 11:22 AM
Are you getting an error trying to setup FTP? If so, that isn't related to the version of Magento.

SYSOPS

apxautoparts
07-26-2012, 12:16 PM
Yes I am trying to setup FTP. If I put in a wrong FTP address I get a very clear error message saying that it can not connect. If I try with the correct FTP address I get the following error message:

"The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found"

SYSOPS
07-26-2012, 12:20 PM
Please email into support at shiprush dot com with your ftp server that you're trying to use with My.ShipRush

Thank you,
SYSOPS

SYSOPS
07-26-2012, 02:34 PM
This issue was not related to FTP, but rather a bug we've seen in the new Magento v1.7. There's an issue with SOAP calls, which we will have kbased in the next day or two.

SYSOPS