PDA

View Full Version : Solo, Atom, and CST32.dll

stevengraff
07-24-2005, 06:59 AM
I was getting the error message:

"The FedEx server reported an error: Cannot communicate with FedEx communications module. Please check that ATOM and SOLO are running at the configured address.. Please contact tech support group if this error is persistent."

Your knowledgebase article on this topic did not help.

However, this reply from another thread, did make some progress for me:

============
Just to note what we ran into:

ShipRush FedEx v2 once installed something called ATOM for its communication to the FedEx servers. Was no longer used in more recent versions of FedEx.

FedEx v4 was detecting that ATOM was running and could not connect to the FedEx server due to that.

Went into Add\Remove Programs and uninstalled FedEx Communication Module and rebooted. FedEx v4 can now communicate and he is back up and running.

SYSOPS
============

Now, having uninstalled FedEx Communication Module, SR seems to work better, though the following message pops up when clicking anything that leads to the FedEx server (like List All Services or Estimate Cost):

"This application has failed to start because CST32.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

I re-reran the installer, and chose the Update option, but no change in behaviour. What would you suggest? Completely uninstall, reboot, reinstall? Copy in the cst32.dll from another location?

Thanks,
Steven

ebusinesscables
07-24-2005, 03:03 PM
We had this problem. If you did the remove as described in the thread you referenced, will not have the probelm again.

Close QB, close SR. Reboot.

Should be fine when it comes back up.

stevengraff
07-24-2005, 03:53 PM
Thanks, however...

QB's not open (I only link to Goldmine). After reboot, same problem with "CST32.dll was not found" message.

SYSOPR
07-24-2005, 09:11 PM
Hmmmm. That kb article should do the trick. The issue is that a very old (> 3 years ago) ShipRush was once installed on the machine, and pieces of the ATOM engine are still floating around, making ShipRush try to use it (which will not work).

So you could install on another PC, just to see it work, and as a reality check that the problem is specific to this one PC.

Search the hard drive for: FEDEXAPICLIENT.DLL

Make sure to delete any found EXCEPT the one created in notepad and saved to the ShipRush v4 directory.

stevengraff
07-25-2005, 02:56 AM
I found a fedexapiclient.dll in my u:\windows folder. I renamed it, and now I get a red-x error message:

"The application or DLL C:\PROGRA~1\Z-FIRM~1\SHIPRU~2\FEDEXAPICLIENT.DLL is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette."

So I looked, and the path mentioned still exists. I can't rename or delete the folder, but I did rename every folder and file inside that folder. Didn't help. BTW, the file mentioned doesn't exist at that path.

I also searched the registry for fedexapiclient.dll, and found none in there. I'll try rebooting (again, argh), and let you know.

stevengraff
07-25-2005, 03:35 AM
Nope, rebooting didn't help. Except that now I can rename the old folder.

stevengraff
07-25-2005, 03:57 AM
Could this be related: when I right-click the systray icon I get only the following menus:

Process End of Day
View Shipments
Settings
HELp
Exit

Seems to me that at various stops on this odissey I've seen more menu entries, like the ones in v2. Not that that keeps the program from working -- I can always choose the service I want after the program comes up (I bring it up by double-clicking the systray icon).

SYSOPS
07-25-2005, 06:27 AM
SR is not reading the menu folder for some reason. Do you have a menu folder under program files\z-firm llc\shiprush v4? Is it populated?

Issue with cst32.dll: I don't think it's our file. I have searched on several PCs with ShipRush v4 installed, and it is not there.

SYSOPS

stevengraff
07-25-2005, 06:59 AM
1. Yes, I've got the menu folder, and yes it is populated.

2. I don't have a clue re this either. The error message includes the v2 path, though.

SYSOPS
07-25-2005, 07:11 AM
Do you still have ShipRush FedEx v2 listed under Add\Remove Programs?

At this point I think SR is at a complete loss on the PC. Errors about a file that doesn't exist, no menu. If you uninstall\re-install, does the software function?

SYSOPS

stevengraff
07-25-2005, 08:22 AM
I uninstalled the FedEx comm module first (as per the other thread), then uninstalled v2; hence v2 is no longer listed. Should I have uninstalled v2 first? And maybe that would have uninstalled the comm module?

I haven't yet tried the uninstall/re-install since doing all these other things. Are you now recommending that?

SYSOPS
07-25-2005, 08:25 AM
Should have been able to co-exist, unless there was an old version of v2 installed that used the ATOM communication method. Hasn't been around in a very long time.

Does ShipRush v4 now function correctly, before a re-installation? If not, then that would be the next step.

SYSOPS

stevengraff
07-25-2005, 09:25 AM
SR 4 does not function properly -- I get that message I described each time I use it on this machine. OK, I'll uninstall/reinstall.

stevengraff
07-25-2005, 09:59 AM
Seemed to make progress... however, now I get

"A connection with the server could not be established -
URL:http://PETERMSERV:1124/SOAP/IBOLDSynapse-
SOAPAction:urn:BoldSynapseInterface-IBoldSynapse#SignOn"

And I have to switch to the network path in stead of the NETBIOS name.

SYSOPS
07-25-2005, 10:21 AM
That is a known issue that development is working on. If you want, you can download the latest update we have available at:

http://www.zfirm.com/downloads/betaz/sr4/shiprush_v4_fedex.exe

That may help resolve the native connection issue.

SYSOPS