PDA

View Full Version : ShipRush Shipping Flow

brandon.davis
09-10-2012, 05:45 PM
Alright so I am running Magento CE 1.7 with the M2E extension for ebay auction management and Embedded ERP for Inventory/Fulfillment/Purchase Orders/etc..

I am looking at a few different solutions to generate shipping labels.

I need a solution that will work with FedEX and USPS.

Is it true that ShipRush does not import the package dimensions from Magento, essentially they have to be entered again?

I have installed ShipRush for FedEX and explored it's interface. My ERP software prepares all my shipments, pick lists, everything...

My big thing is after I have everything picked and boxed, can I use my barcode scanner to scan my invoice to generate the label for each shipment?

-Brandon Davis

SYSOPP
09-10-2012, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the detailed questions!

I need a solution that will work with FedEX and USPS.

ShipRush has you covered here.

Is it true that ShipRush does not import the package dimensions from Magento, essentially they have to be entered again?

I think the issue is that each line item has its own dims, so SR doesn't know how to add them up. I opened a case to look into this: ZF Case 32634

I have installed ShipRush for FedEX and explored it's interface. My ERP software prepares all my shipments, pick lists, everything...

One approach may be to hook SR to the ERP. That can be a good way to go in many situations.

My big thing is after I have everything picked and boxed, can I use my barcode scanner to scan my invoice to generate the label for each shipment?

ShipRush for SQL has direct integration of this kind to scanners.There are several ways to hook SR to an ERP system.

brandon.davis
09-12-2012, 03:05 AM
Basically I need to assemble and pick my orders with Embedded ERP due to it's advanced ability to do so. Since the dimensions have to be entered

I want to be able to push those finalized orders to ShipRush and goto each assembled box scan the shipping invoice's order number to isolate the shipment in ShipRush, so all I need to know is if the order number field will take the input from a hand scanner in it's search field.

My site is Magento based and I have two different sites I will be shipping from, so I want to stay away from traditional networked windows apps and work with hosted applications to avoid infrastructure investments.

I have to go live with a solution by the end of the month, if you think I can make this work with your help, I am interested in taking the plunge... I am ready and willing to test any customization or suggestion you have.

If it can work I am willing to write a sterling review.

-Brandon Davis

SYSOPS
09-12-2012, 06:11 AM
If you want to use a scanner, you need to use ShipRush SQL (not the Order Manager). That has the capability to use a scanner to read whatever # you want.

Here's a link to the intro page from the helpfile about ShipRush SQL:
http://www.zfirm.com/Product_Documentation/ShipRush_v9-0_FedEx/Content/ShipRush_ADO__Introduction.htm

With that function, you can pass the weight, dims, etc. We would be tied into the backend of the ERP system, as long as the database is accessible via an ADO hook.

SYSOPS

SYSOPS
09-12-2012, 06:12 AM
If you want to use a scanner, you need to use ShipRush SQL (not the Order Manager). That has the capability to use a scanner to read whatever # you want.

Here's a link to the intro page from the helpfile about ShipRush SQL:
http://www.zfirm.com/Product_Documentation/ShipRush_v9-0_FedEx/Content/ShipRush_ADO__Introduction.htm

With that function, you can pass the weight, dims, etc. We would be tied into the backend of the ERP system, as long as the database is accessible via an ADO hook.

SYSOPS

SYSOPR
09-12-2012, 08:33 AM
I want to be able to push those finalized orders to ShipRush and goto each assembled box scan the shipping invoice's order number to isolate the shipment in ShipRush, so all I need to know is if the order number field will take the input from a hand scanner in it's search field.

Yes, of course, any edit in ShipRush can be "fed" from a hand scanner.

There are two ways (generally speaking) for scanners to be used:

1) Generic, or "click in a field and scan" type. ShipRush can accept scanner entry this way fine.

2) Integrated: The application is hooked to the scanner, and scanning triggers application behavior.

ShipRush SQL has the #2 feature above.

All ShipRush (ShipRush magento, etc) has #1 above.

Given the specifics of what you are trying to do, maybe give us a call? I suggest calling in and asking for a sr. ShipRush guru.

SYSOPR
09-12-2012, 08:40 AM
I opened ZF Case 32671 as a feature request for integrated bar code scanner in order mgr.