PDA

View Full Version : Problem after latest update

nickr1977
07-28-2005, 06:02 AM
I jsut installed the latest v4 update.

When going to run the program for the first time, it popped up with a SQL connect box saying that it could not find the RMS database. I entered in the credentials for the RMS database, is that what it was asking for?

Now when going to view the reports, it gives this error:
Shipment,dtclosed. Attempt to access value of attribute that is null.

Then it hangs. I have had trouble with Shiprush from the beginning. My shipping department hates it becuase we have spent more time trying to fix its errors then working with the program.

Can someone please help.

Thanks,
Nick

SYSOPS
07-28-2005, 06:22 AM
If you have the Extended mode set in ShipRush, it may have asked you for the settings. That is in order to ship from Shift+F1.

View Reports or View Shipments?

What build of ShipRush FedEx v4 is this (Help | About)?

Thank you,
SYSOPS

nickr1977
07-28-2005, 06:29 AM
View Shipments is where I get the error. Version 4.0.0.919

I do not think I am in Extended mode, but not sure.

SYSOPS
07-28-2005, 06:46 AM
Try this:

Right click the SR Icon in the system tray | Settings | Shipping Settings | Advanced | Connection Settings
Change to Connect via network share (the default location will be on the local pc, which is fine if only running from one computer)

Now can you get into the View Shipments area?

SYSOPS

nickr1977
07-28-2005, 06:50 AM
That is already set to the default location on the hard drive.

Any other ideas, we are very close to dumping the program and going back to classic FedEx.com.

Sorry for the harshness, but getting tired of the trouble.

SYSOPS
07-28-2005, 06:55 AM
New software will always have some issues. I will need to see if I can replicate this issue here.

Thank you,
SYSOPS

ebusinesscables
07-28-2005, 07:20 AM
Just my two cents ....

If your default is set for single use and you are using SR in a network, you will have this kind of problem. Our database for SR is in the warehouse on that PC. The front office PC has the location of the database mapped to the shipping PC such that from the office PC, the set up is:

Settings | Shipping Settngs | Advanced | Connection Settings

Select Connect via Network and that location (for us) is set to:

H:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Z-Firm LLC\ShipRush v4\Database.v4

Good luck. I think you'll find SR ver. 4 to be a nice application once you get it going. We have made use of custom menuing and the whole process has made our shipping a snap.