PDA

View Full Version : Label printing out of margins

climark
08-05-2005, 08:36 AM
Well, I finally got the printer to print the labels, but now it's coming out too far to the right, and too far below. So, when I pull the label off the FedEx label page, some of the information is cut off, remaining on the page, and not on the label. I saw there are margin settings in the printing setting in ShipRush, but when I changed it to the size of the label itself (which is only half of the normal size page), then it prints blank. What am I doing wrong now? Please help! Thank you! Lisa

SYSOPS
08-05-2005, 08:43 AM
Are you printing to the peel ans stick labels provided by FedEx?

We do not support those labels at this time. We support plain paper from a laser\inkjet of the labels from a Zebra style label printer.

SYSOPS

climark
08-05-2005, 08:45 AM
Yes, I am printing on FedEx labels. What kind of labels are you supporting?

SYSOPS
08-05-2005, 08:52 AM
We support plain paper from a laser\inkjet of the labels from a Zebra style label printer.

SYSOPS

climark
08-05-2005, 08:58 AM
Could I get help if I paid for tech support help on the phone?

SYSOPS
08-05-2005, 09:01 AM
The software doesn't support the lay out of the peel and stick label that is fed through a laser\inkjet printer.

Is is not a case of we do not want to help you, it is that the software will not output to that type of label.

If you wish to print to a peel and stick label, you would need to use a label printer, Zebra or Eltron.

SYSOPS

climark
08-05-2005, 09:12 AM
But it worked before with our ShipRush? Is it just with the new version that it won't work?

climark
08-05-2005, 09:38 AM
Please advise, if I install version 3 instead of version 4, then will my labels work?

SYSOPS
08-05-2005, 09:39 AM
There was a change in the label printout label in v4 due to software changes.

The layout (peel stick laser sheets) was not supported in v2, but it happened to line up.

SYSOPS

climark
08-05-2005, 10:19 AM
Okay, since we have been using ShipRush for years, and always using the FedEx labels that they provide us, we decided to uninstall version 4, and reinstall version 2. But now we get to a screen that asks for a contact manager, with a box to select from, but it's greyed out, so nothing can be selected. Did we do something wrong with the install?

SYSOPS
08-05-2005, 10:46 AM
The resolution to this problem:

Cancel out of the ShipRush Wizard
Browse to the program files\zfirm llc\shiprush v2 folder
Open the SR_Fedex.ini file
Locate the entry of ContactManager=
Modify the value as appropriate to your system (just enter the number from
the list below):

0=GoldMine (dBase)
1=GoldMine (SQL and dBase)
2=SalesLogix
3=ACT
4=Outlook 2000
5=QuickBooks
6=GP Dynamics

If you do not have that entry, Please add the following to the bottom of the sr_fedex.ini file

[GENERAL]
ContactManager= (Modify with the correct # from above)

Save the changes and close
Launch ShipRush FedEx v2
Continue thru the wizard and the contact manager should now be set to the
correct contact mgr.

SYSOPS