PDA

View Full Version : eMail Error

tvanvuren
08-09-2005, 04:07 PM
Occasionally I'm getting an error on the email address that appears to occur when a portion of the notification email address is longer than 12 or so characters. The error message is "Shipment.eRLEmail.SetString.Represenation failed: String too long"

In one case this occurred when the domain was 13 characters (johndoe@XXXXXXXXXXXXX.com) and another time it occurred when the email name was 14 characters (XXXXXXXXXXXXXX@xyz.com).

While I don't think the field size should be 255 characters, 12 seems rather restrictive. Is this something that can be fixed in a future release (quickly)? I'm having to issue emails to these customers manually.

Thanks

SYSOPS
08-10-2005, 06:48 AM
Unable to replicate here.

Build of ShipRush (Help | ABout)?
Exact shipment type you're trying to process?

Happen on ground as well as express?

SYSOPS

ebusinesscables
08-10-2005, 07:45 AM
Check this thread:

http://forums.zfirm.com/showthread.php?t=1123

if this probelm is occuring with all your shipments, you made need to re-save the templates for each ship type.

tvanvuren
08-10-2005, 05:03 PM
Currently running version 4.0.0.919

I received the error twice...one order was 2 day express and the other was ground. Basic residential domestic packages - Box/other with entered dimensions. No COD or Hazardous materials. I removed the offending email address from the email line in the notification area and it processed fine.

ebusinesscables
08-10-2005, 05:32 PM
Sounds better. Read the entire thread referenced above to resolve the problem. Sounds like you may need to re-save the templates associated with your shipments.