PDA

View Full Version : Printing the &3 &4 symbols on QB invoices

applesofgold
08-13-2005, 07:59 AM
Hi, thank you for all the help so far. It has helped and worked so far.

I have just a few more questions.

Our invoices look really unprofessional using ShipRush because in the Bill to and Ship to and the invoice # fields, it is printing the &3 &4 &5, etc. onto the invoice itself in QuickBooks.

Is there some way I can have this integrated into QuickBooks without having our invoices actually print these symbols?

It seems like a small thing, but our customers view our invoices, and they just do not look right this way.

I have one other questions which I'll post in a new thread, and that will be all of my questions to date.

Thank you,
Afshin
Apples of Gold

ebusinesscables
08-13-2005, 09:13 AM
Go to Lists | Templates

Select the Sales or Invoice template you want to print without the extra stuff

Right click and select Duplicate

Edit the template by eliminating just the &3 and &4 text

Save the template with a different name such as Invoice for print

Then at the top of an Invoice (or sales Receipt) page, select the drop down box to select the Invoice for print template and voila ... the contents print without all the &3 and &4 stuff

applesofgold
08-13-2005, 10:42 AM
I appreciate the quick response. However, would that mean that we have to switch back and forth between the 2 invoice templates? We do a high volume of sales and this would signficantly slow us down if we had to switch back and forth for each order.

Isn't there some other way?

It seems like there should be an alternative to the "&3" and "&4" hooks. Perhaps on an updated version of ShipRush the developers should make a change?

ebusinesscables
08-13-2005, 10:54 AM
What we do is process orders using the &3 and &4 fields in a template that is modified to show those items - the &4 and &4, so information gets to ShipRush. Once the data are in the QB template, we right click SR and print the label for shipping. It's then just a simple matter of clicking on the down arrow at the top of that same form and select the Invoice for print template. All the data will still be there, you're just viewing it in a slightly modified format. Then print the Invoice selecting the appropriate printer.

You can only print one at a time so we print the label, change the template, then print the Invoice. Doesn't take but one second, literally, to select the different template from the drop down, then print to the laser invoice printer.

If you're in a real bind, you can email me and I'll send you a GoToMyPC invitation along with our telephone number and I'll show and talk you through it.

applesofgold
08-13-2005, 04:41 PM
I appreciate the invite and your time. I'll look into it. I still wish there was a way to bypass it altogether. But thanks for giving me an alternative solution in case we don't find another. I'm still hoping the developers will find another way to add the "hooks" in.

ebusinesscables
08-13-2005, 06:11 PM
No problem. Glad to help. If you'll just create another template (maybe 4 minutes work, one time), it won't add but a second to create the Invoice you want for printing. We do it all day long.

SYSOPS
08-15-2005, 05:31 AM
Tips and tricks to keep the &# and &4 from printing:

Method 1:
In the field in the template editor - have Bill To &3 (lots of spaces)
Do the same for Ship To &4
Resulting print out of the template will have two small dots to the far right of the text box

Method 2:
In the Template Layout Designer convert the text color for the Bill To and Ship To to white
Create two new text fields. Bill To in one and Ship To in the other. Text color for those will be black. Place them over the original Bill To and Ship To field locations.

ShipRush will then read from the fields in white, you won't see the print out of the text, but you will get the print out of the two text boxes you made that have Bill To and Ship To entered.

HTH,
SYSOPS

applesofgold
08-15-2005, 08:25 AM
Excellent. I think that might help with the different color fonts - or even spacing them far to the right. Thank you!