PDA

View Full Version : Signature Required Issue for FedEx

applesofgold
08-13-2005, 08:03 AM
Hi, the most important issue that I have unanswered is about the Signature Options issue for FedEx using ShipRush with QuickBooks.

FedEx is scheduled to start leaving packages on recipient's doors without requiring a signature by mid Septembmer. Can I get a guarantee that ShipRush will have an updated version out soon that incorporates the new signature options for FedEx? and when? I am hoping it will be before September 20th or so.

This is the final, major issue for me and the reason why I will not be using the internal QuickBooks ship manager and switching to ShipRush.

Any timeframe or new news on this?

Thank you,
Afshin
Apples of Gold

SYSOPS
08-15-2005, 05:29 AM
No timeframe available. I know that development is working with FedEx to iron out the settings for this new option.

Please stand by,
SYSOPS

applesofgold
08-15-2005, 08:23 AM
Ok, let me ask you this.

With the current software, what does the signature requirement default to since there are no options listed at all?

Does it default to no signature required? or does it default to standard signature required?

Thank you,
Afshin
Apples of Gold

SYSOPS
08-15-2005, 08:34 AM
Default is signature. Since FedEx is changing this though, I'm not sure this is enforced by FedEx.

SYSOPS

applesofgold
08-15-2005, 10:56 AM
That's interesting. This is the most pressing issue that we have as far as shipping.

I know you don't have a definite date for development of this update, but can you tell me anything? any kind of estimate? I have been in touch with one of the execs at FedEx who says that ZFirm is developing these changes and that they should have it by September sometime. I wanted to confirm with you guys if this is true. Any kind of info would help, even if it is not definite.

SYSOPS
08-15-2005, 11:17 AM
That is about as much information as I would have. Nothing concrete as far as when (specific day).

SYSOPS