PDA

View Full Version : Cannot get the "y" in Home Delivery to appear on the label...

BigBP33
04-14-2013, 08:27 PM
I am using ShipRush for FedEx with a Zebra GK420d label printer and standard 4x6 labels. I've only printed FedEx Home Delivery labels and they look great except they all say FedEx Home Deliver on the right side or have 3/4 of the "y" cut off. I adjusted both margins to 0 because the ShipRush logo was getting cut off on the bottom too. This current setting looks great with normal FedEx Ground labels, but I just can't figure out how to get it to print Home Delivery completely while keeping the ShipRush logo on the bottom. I've tried checking Print Reverse and adjusting the margins to a negative, which is apparently what I need, but it still hasn't changed anything. No matter what number I set the horizontal margin to, it normally moves it to the right and I need it to move to the left. I'm sure this doesn't matter at all, but it would look more professional if all of the label would print. I haven't sent any FedEx Express shipments yet, so I'm not sure how those labels look. Any suggestions?

SYSOPS
04-15-2013, 06:13 AM
I've passed this along to development to review. Case 35189

Thank you,
SYSOPS

BigBP33
04-15-2013, 09:37 PM

Here is an image of the Home Delivery label. I've tried everything and this is the best I can get it to look. It literally needs like one vertical line on the end of the "y" and it would be fine. It's driving me crazy!

SYSOPP
04-16-2013, 06:50 AM
It looks like a problem in the label layout itself, which is controlled by FedEx.

This is not a material issue. Please don't worry about it!

BigBP33
04-24-2013, 05:04 PM
It looks like a problem in the label layout itself, which is controlled by FedEx.

This is not a material issue. Please don't worry about it!

I received a package from another seller that also uses ShipRush and with a standard 4x6 label, it looked the same way with just Home Deliver appearing. But when I received another package from the same seller, they used the thermal labels provided by UPS and the whole label printed out perfectly. The text on the label looked a lot lighter and smaller, and the "HOME" in the bottom left corner was very small. Maybe they were using an older version of ShipRush for this label and it worked. Or maybe the labels provided by UPS are just a little bit wider. I'm not sure, but I attached some images of the labels I'm referring to.

The one on the UPS label looks perfect. But the text looks a little different and thinner, so I'm thinking it is from an older version of ShipRush. The other one is what labels currently look like with the newest version of ShipRush. I'm glad to see it's not just me having this issue though.

SYSOPR
04-25-2013, 12:55 PM
The printer type in use can make a difference here. The problem might be specific to "epl" type labels (aka 2844 model printers) or to "zpl" type labels (if the printer type is set to ZP4xx, ZP5xx, GX and GK models).

With the printer you have , you can try setting the printer type to 2844 and then ZP500 and see if there is a difference.

BigBP33
04-25-2013, 07:07 PM
The printer type in use can make a difference here. The problem might be specific to "epl" type labels (aka 2844 model printers) or to "zpl" type labels (if the printer type is set to ZP4xx, ZP5xx, GX and GK models).

With the printer you have , you can try setting the printer type to 2844 and then ZP500 and see if there is a difference.

Setting the printer type to the 2844 fixed the horizontal margin issue! I can now move those margins fine and all of the text appears on the label. However, now the vertical margins won't respond. I can get all of the important information on the label though. There is about a 1/4 inch gap at the top of the label and the ShipRush logo does not print. Only one label is printing though, which is good. The logo was printing on a second label, but I was able to change the vertical margins just enough so it won't print at all. Since the majority of my packages are Home Delivery, I'll keep this setting as it still looks way better. I printed a test Express, Ground, and Home Delivery label and they all look good, just no ShipRush logo at the bottom.

http://s3.postimg.org/ydugzmvxv/image.png

http://s13.postimg.org/6ariy8ffr/image.png

http://s13.postimg.org/if6sf7sbr/image.png

Also, just curious, are the new FedEx Ground and Home Delivery labels going to take effect soon in ShipRush? I'm talking about the ones here:

http://fedex.p.delivery.net/m/p/fdx/bcc/home.asp

I'm sure they've been mentioned before. The label that ShipRush prints for Express shipments looks like the new one, but the Ground/Home Delivery ones do not. I'm assuming this is just an issue with FedEx updating their servers rather than an issue with ShipRush itself. I thought they were announced around January though, so I figured they would have been updated by now.

SYSOPR
04-26-2013, 09:14 AM
Also, just curious, are the new FedEx Ground and Home Delivery labels going to take effect soon in ShipRush? I'm talking about the ones here:

http://fedex.p.delivery.net/m/p/fdx/bcc/home.asp

Good eyes!

Yes, ShipRush will automatically print the new style label.

This is under control of FedEx. There is nothing you need to do (or worry about).

ruthjanette
04-29-2013, 09:35 AM
I never noticed but ours print without the Y entirely. We have ZP 500 Plus provided to us by FedEx.

SYSOPR
04-29-2013, 11:06 AM
I never noticed but ours print without the Y entirely. We have ZP 500 Plus provided to us by FedEx.

The "Y" is not important.

You can ignore the issue!