PDA

View Full Version : Cannot void tracking

kinglinen
04-18-2013, 10:34 AM
We use Fedex as our carrier, and stone edge as our order process software. We got some tracking that cannot void. Shows "Sorry, but the FedEx servers just hiccupped and the Void failed. Please retry the Void operation later.

(FedEx server returned: "Unable to retrieve record from database". [ship:8149])"
We know we won't be charged for the tracking not scanned, but the problem is records showing in the stone edge will confuse other people in the office if she is not the one to know the case.

We are busy and we do not have time to check every info every time when we service a customer, so please help me to delete this in the records. Thanks!!!

SYSOPS
04-18-2013, 10:37 AM
Are the shipments from the same day, or a prior day when you're trying to void them? Are they Ground, Express, Smartpost? What version of ShipRush are you using (Help | About from the icon in the system tray)?

SYSOPS

kinglinen
04-18-2013, 10:48 AM
Not the same day, we closed shipment everyday. But not all have this issues, we did delete most of it no matter the same day or not. All ground packages. ShipRush v9

SYSOPS
04-18-2013, 10:53 AM
If you do a Close Day, the void function in ShipRush is locked. Go into View Shipments in ShipRush, and you'll see a red lock on the shipment, and the void function is greyed out.

If a shipment is to be voided, it should be voided before the Close Day function.

SYSOPS

kinglinen
04-18-2013, 01:42 PM
Ok, I will double check for that, try to delete before close day. Thanks.

SYSOPP
04-18-2013, 05:13 PM
Even if you do not void, FedEx will not bill you for the shipment (usually, anywho). If you are accidentally billed, just call FedEx customer service and they will take off the charge.

Joemc
04-23-2013, 09:55 AM
If it is same day and not closed just try again. I have this happen and 99% the second time it will void the shipment correctly.
According to my FedEx rep you should not get billed unless the label is scanned by the FedEx driver