PDA

View Full Version : Tracking URL

expoit
04-24-2013, 09:59 AM
I am still looking for information on what field name I need to use to pull the tracking URL from Shiprush into a SQL database.

I'm guessing that the Tracking URL is generated in ShipRush itself. I understand a work-around would include my pulling the tracking # and writing a script that plugs that into the generic tracking URL. I'd like to avoid that, if ShipRush itself just has a field I can pull over to achieve this.

Anyone doing this? All other info is coming across fine, just not that tracking URL.

SYSOPS
04-24-2013, 10:06 AM
Tracking URL isn't available for the post back of ShipRush SQL. Your work around is the solution at this time.

SYSOPS

expoit
04-26-2013, 07:49 AM
I'm really new at SQL, and my vendor isn't really helping support me on this, so if anyone feels like telling me what's wrong with the following statements in the CM settings to run against my SQL db, that would be great.

After the connection string, this bit of code currently WORKS:

insert into sysdba.lnxtracking
(lnxorderid, createdate, shipdate, createuser, modifydate, modifyuser,
accountname, address1, city, state, country, postal, carrier, servicetype,
actualshiprate, trackingnumber, details)
values ('%RecordID%', '', GETDATE(), 'ADMIN', '', 'ADMIN', '%ToName%',
%ToStreet1%', '%ToCity%', '%ToStateOrProvince%', '%ToCountry%',
'%ToZip%', '%ShippingCarrier%', '%ShippingService%', '%ShippingCharges%',
'%TrackingNumber%', '%HistoryNotes%')

When I try to add this statement, I get a failure to parse SQL from ShipRush

update sysdba.lnxtracking set trackingurl = 'http://www.fedex.com/Tracking?action=track&tracknumbers=' + '%TrackingNumber%'

That same bit of code executes successfully in SQL Query Analyzer (just swapping %trackingnumber% with the column trackingnumber). Is there some limitation in ShipRush that makes it unable to run that script? I know the connection works, I know the code works, what am I missing?

I'm sure it's something simple and stupid, but like I said, totally new to SQL.

SYSOPS
04-26-2013, 09:00 AM
Have you tried with your SQL like this:

update sysdba.lnxtracking set trackingurl = 'http://www.fedex.com/Tracking?action=track&tracknumbers=%trackingnumber'

SYSOPS

SYSOPR
04-26-2013, 09:15 AM
The way to experiment with this is not in ShipRush.... use the northwind database (or whatever scratch database) and interactive sql.... then once you get it working, drop it into ShipRush (with the merge codes).