PDA

View Full Version : Question on Reference Field

ruthjanette
04-29-2013, 08:22 AM
Greetings, we use ShipRush for FedEx Outlook. It loads the shipping page from an Outlook contact that we have open. We have used this product for over 5 years now and absolutely love it, thank you for developing such a wonderful tool. :cool: We are currently on Version 9.

There is one thing that we would love to have the ability to do and I am wondering if it is in the product and we just don't know it or if you could recommend something for us. We want to pre-load the Reference field with the customer name. Is there any way to pull the Reference field from the contact card? If not, any other trick to autocopy from the Name field to the Reference field?

Again, thank you for a wonderful tool.

Best,
Ruth at rePotme.com

SYSOPR
04-29-2013, 11:06 AM
Thank you for the nice words!

The customer name is already on the label in the company or contact field, correct?

ruthjanette
04-29-2013, 11:48 AM
Greetings,

The customer name is already under the "Full Name" field in the Outlook Contact which ShipRush then autofills to the "Name" field on the shipping label. There usually isn't anything in the Company field as most of our shipments are to private individuals.

What we are seeking to do is to also prefill the "Reference" field in the "Package" section of the ShipRush form with this customer name. The goal being when we log on to FedEx to look at our history of shipments, they only show the Reference field, not the name so we have to fill the reference field with something useful.

Currently we have to cut/paste from "Name" to "Reference" on the ShipRush form on each order which gets to be a lot of cut/pastes over the course of a day.

I can code the Outlook contact to look any way necessary to facilitate a solution.

I appreciate your time on this.

Best,
Ruth at rePotme.com

SYSOPS
05-01-2013, 05:55 AM
There isn't an option to grab the contact name as the reference field for the shipment.

Are you using FedEx Insight to look at your shipments at FedEx.com?

SYSOPS

ruthjanette
05-06-2013, 10:09 AM
Greetings,

Thank you for the idea to use FedEx insight, it looks like a nice tool.

What happens for us is that we vet our billing statement online with FedEx and the billing page only shows the shipment reference field (yikes), so we HAVE to fill it in.

Thank you for the reply, at least I know the feature doesn't exist and I can stop looking for it :)

A couple ideas for your "nice to have" list:

1) Have the "Available Services" button also be a function key like "Estimated Cost" and "Delivery Date". It seems like a tiny thing but every keyboard stroke is one less mouse click and those of us with repetitive stress injuries thank you each time we use the keyboard rather than a mouse. I already thank you each time I hit F10 or use <ctrl> P to ship.

2) Have a "Ship Cheapest Method" button. For some orders I click "Available Services" to look for the least cost method and then select it and hit F10. Software could do that better and faster than I can.

Again, thank your for a wonderful product.

Best,

Ruth at repotme.com

SYSOPR
05-06-2013, 10:44 AM
1) Have the "Available Services" button also be a function key like "Estimated Cost" and "Delivery Date". It seems like a tiny thing but every keyboard stroke is one less mouse click and those of us with repetitive stress injuries thank you each time we use the keyboard rather than a mouse. I already thank you each time I hit F10 or use <ctrl> P to ship.

This is already there.... Please see:

http://www.zfirm.com/Product_Documentation/ShipRush_v9-0_FedEx/Content/Use_Global_Hot_Keys.htm#kanchor20

2) Have a "Ship Cheapest Method" button. For some orders I click "Available Services" to look for the least cost method and then select it and hit F10. Software could do that better and faster than I can.

This is in the works! (Well, I should say: We are thinking about it.)

Again, thank your for a wonderful product.

Thanks for the good words!

ruthjanette
05-08-2013, 11:04 AM
Spectacular! I will be using those keys often! Thank you. ;)

Most I found by dumb luck, yes, I know, when in doubt RTFM..... :p

Best,
Ruth @ repotme.com