PDA

View Full Version : Shipping to international address...

BigBP33
05-03-2013, 08:40 AM
I have an international address to ship to, but the problem is that the address is in Russian. ShipRush can't recognize any of the characters in the address and just displays question marks. This is the address:

Алексей Кибенко
ул. Победы, дом 33
Ростов-на-Дону, 344094
Russian Federation

I also have a Chinese address which is:

JIZHAO Road, Room 202, 4
SIHUISHI, 广东省 526200
China

It looks like ShipRush displays everything except the Chinese characters in that address. I'm not sure if they are important or not. Anyway, how do I go about formatting these addresses so I can print a label through ShipRush?

SYSOPS
05-03-2013, 08:51 AM
I would suggest using something like: http://translate.google.com/

Paste in the data and translate to English.

HTH,
SYSOPS

BigBP33
05-03-2013, 09:06 AM
I would suggest using something like: http://translate.google.com/

Paste in the data and translate to English.

HTH,
SYSOPS

The addresses that I get are:

Alexei Kibenko- Name
Str. Victory, 33- Address
Rostov-on-Don, 344094- City and Post Code
Russian Federation- Country

and

JIZHAO Road, Room 202, 4- Address
SIHUISHI, Guangdong Province 526200- City, Province, and Post Code
China- Country

Those appear to be valid addresses. Would I just leave out the Guangdong Province part in the Chinese address? There is only a spot for the city in ShipRush, which I assume is Sihuishi.

SYSOPS
05-03-2013, 09:08 AM
I'd put Guangdong Province into Address 2, to make sure it's part of the overall address.

SYSOPS

BigBP33
05-03-2013, 09:15 AM
Okay, thank you for your fast responses. All of my international addresses have always been given to me in English, so I've never had to do this. I guess we will see if the shipments make it there in one piece.

Thanks again!

SYSOPR
05-03-2013, 03:32 PM
All of my international addresses have always been given to me in English, so I've never had to do this. I guess we will see if the shipments make it there in one piece.

The shipments will make it fine!

ShipRush (and click n ship, and 20 other carrier shipping systems) cannot print chinese or cryllic on the label. The google translate approach is the right one.

Your packages will get there just fine!