PDA

View Full Version : Printing Additional Shipping Label

jpatents
08-30-2013, 01:48 PM
Greetings to everybody on the forums. New ShipRush user since August 2013 here, and I've got a question. I usually ship internationally (via FedEx Express) and when I print a label via ShipRush, international always prints out 2 labels and a packaging label. I need 3 labels and would like to disable the printing of the packaging label. How would I go about that? Help would definitely be appreciated. I plan on shipping over 100 international packages this month.

SYSOPS
08-30-2013, 01:53 PM
Could you clarify a couple things on this request:

- Why 3 labels?
- Packaging label? Do you mean the INTL Documents that go with the shipment?

Thank you,
SYSOPS

jpatents
08-30-2013, 02:16 PM
I'm sorry, I meant to say packing list, not packaging label. My mistake.

I don't know why, but since June 2013, the FedEx carrier man requests us to always print 3. I think it has to do with keeping the 3rd label as record to prevent theft internally at FedEx.

SYSOPR
08-30-2013, 02:19 PM
For international shipments, the FedEx service guide calls for 3 copies (I believe) of the invoice.

I think this is their normal story.

SYSOPS
08-30-2013, 02:24 PM
We print as many labels as the FedEx servers return. We don't have a way to print more copies automatically.

Do you not want to print a packing list, only for INTL shipments? We do not have an option to turn that off domestic vs international.

SYSOPS

jpatents
08-30-2013, 02:38 PM
For international shipments, the FedEx service guide calls for 3 copies (I believe) of the invoice.

I think this is their normal story.

Thanks. Not sure about that because they don't sweat us for not including 3 copies of any invoice. They ask for 3 copies of the shipping label.

jpatents
08-30-2013, 02:40 PM
We print as many labels as the FedEx servers return. We don't have a way to print more copies automatically.

Do you not want to print a packing list, only for INTL shipments? We do not have an option to turn that off domestic vs international.

SYSOPS

Then you're saying the FedEx server returns only 2 copies of the shipping label? The reason I'm posting this question on the forum is because every time I ship internationally, it prints only 2 shipping labels. Then I have to manually reprint the last shipment, which automatically prints an additional 2 labels. 4 labels total and I always end up throwing away the 4th label. It's a waste of paper and time. Thanks for your help though, I'll deal with this until an option of how many labels to print is implemented into the ShipRush program someday.

SYSOPS
08-30-2013, 02:47 PM
To help us understand they "why" for 3 labels, could you ask your driver?

As another test, how many labels do you get at FedEx.com for the same shipment?

Once we have a better understanding for the change in # of labels, we can look at changing the behavior.

Thank you,
SYSOPS

jpatents
08-30-2013, 02:52 PM
To help us understand they "why" for 3 labels, could you ask your driver?

As another test, how many labels do you get at FedEx.com for the same shipment?

Once we have a better understanding for the change in # of labels, we can look at changing the behavior.

Thank you,
SYSOPS

One of my employees who last spoke with him is telling me it's for anti-theft reasons. They have to take the 3rd slip to their supervisor for some reason I do not know of. When he visits later today, I'll ask him again. He should be showing up within the hour.

FedEx.com prints only 1 label. When I printed through FedEx.com, I would print the page and make 3 copies of the page.

SYSOPR
08-30-2013, 04:10 PM
As a hack, you can do this:

Print the shipping label as usual from ShipRush
Then, go into View Shipments in ShipRush and reprint the shipping label

Voila.... lots of copies.

Does that get warmer?

jpatents
08-30-2013, 04:21 PM
As a hack, you can do this:

Print the shipping label as usual from ShipRush
Then, go into View Shipments in ShipRush and reprint the shipping label

Voila.... lots of copies.

Does that get warmer?

That is exactly how I've been making the reprints. I guess I'll be sticking with this method until an print # of labels option pops up. Thanks though.

Just met up with FedEx guy, he says his supervisor requires the 3rd slip for anti-theft purposes.

=|

SYSOPS
09-03-2013, 06:03 AM
We'd like to follow up on this further with FedEx directly. Please email into support at shiprush dot com with your location so we can determine your FedEx hub to discuss with FedEx.

Thank you,
SYSOPS

jpatents
09-03-2013, 10:11 AM
Ok I will send an email shortly.

Thanks for your support.

SYSOPS
03-27-2015, 01:59 PM
This function is now part of ShipRush Web which is in beta currently. If you wish to have access to this new feature, please email into info at shiprush dot com and request it.

Thank you,
SYSOPS