PDA

View Full Version : SR4 Hangs Scale Configuration

adam5532
09-12-2005, 02:39 PM
I am having the same problem noted in an earlier thread. Have you found a solution yet?

When I go to the Scale configuration, there are no scales listed in the drop-down box. Clicking "Use electronic scale" causes the program to hang.

The scale works perfectly in ShipRush 3 (UPS), so it doesn't seem that it would be anything to do with its connection to the computer. Also, since the drop-down box doesn't even list the scales, I suspect that it does not have to do with the scale's connection.

The ship ini file already has the full physical path to the scales directory.

ShipRush 4 build 919 (downloaded today).
Windows XP Professional
Fairbanks 70-2453 on COM2, using Belkin serial to USB adapter, then going to a USB hub (serial RS232 at scale, USB at computer).

Thanks,
Adam

SYSOPS
09-13-2005, 05:15 AM
Can you connect it directly through a USB or serial (take the conversion out of the equation here)?

Does the scales dir have content (inf files)?

SYSOPS

adam5532
09-13-2005, 01:32 PM
Can you connect it directly through a USB or serial (take the conversion out of the equation here)?

Does the scales dir have content (inf files)?

SYSOPS
I'd really rather not start pulling things apart, since I am using the serial ports for other things and the computer is about 12' from the scale. I know that it is installed correctly, since it works with ShipRush version 3.

Since the drop-down box for the scales is completely empty with no choices, it seems that the first problem to solve is that ShipRush can't find or load its scale files.

The scales directory has 5 .dll scale files. In comparing it with version 3, all the files appear the same, and the ScalesPlugins.ini file in the application data folder is identical to version 3 (except for the v4 directory).

Thanks,
Adam

SYSOPS
09-13-2005, 01:44 PM
Has been reported to development already. Only option I have available at this time is to see if an update for ShipRush FedEx v4 (due soon) helps resolve this issue.

We will post here on the forums in the announcement section once an update is available.

Thank you,
SYSOPS

adam5532
09-13-2005, 02:54 PM
Has been reported to development already. Only option I have available at this time is to see if an update for ShipRush FedEx v4 (due soon) helps resolve this issue.

We will post here on the forums in the announcement section once an update is available.

Thank you,
SYSOPS
Ok, thanks!

Also, I was incorrect about the hook-up. the scale is connected directly to the computer via a serial cable (it's the label printer that is hooked up with the adapters).

Thanks,
Adam

SYSOPR
09-13-2005, 03:05 PM
A pre-release update to ShipRush v4 is expected in the next week or so. Watch the Announce area of this forum for details.

If that does not help the issue, we will escalate it internally.

esooy
09-19-2005, 06:34 PM
Adam:

I was unable to get the issue resolved. The fairbanks scale we have worked with UPS Worldship, AND shiprush version 2. I tried it with installations on 3 of our 8 computers and it didn't work. It did work on one that I tried, but unfortunately neither of our 2 shipping computers. Same operating systems and my computers run clean and lean.

I ended up getting a fairbanks usb ultegra on ebay and it finally works. Very frustrating!