PDA

View Full Version : Shipping label truncated printing from myshiprush via cloudprint to GC420D

eallen
05-07-2015, 06:33 AM
When we print a test label from my shiprush via cloudprint, the printer stops printing in the middle of the barcode and the led goes red on the printer. If we ship a package and try to print an actual ship label from myshiprush the printer also stops printing in the 2d barcode and the led goes red.

We can print a windows test page from the printer.

We can successfully print ship labels to this printer using the win32 ShipRush v.11 installed version, on the same computer.

We're using myshiprush on a windows 8.1 computer via chrome. The printer is a GC420D using the v5.1.07.5675 ZebraDesigner driver. The driver and printer were just freshly installed

We already tried re-calibrating the printer. It did not fix the problem.

SYSOPS
05-07-2015, 07:25 AM
Appears you sent an email in about this as well?

You stated that you're using the GC420D in EPL mode. The Cloudprint tool only supports ZPL print language. I would suggest re-installing the printer with the ZPL driver and see if that helps.

SYSOPS

SYSOPR
05-07-2015, 07:43 AM
I don't think the driver is the issue, but the GC model is not one we have seen?

SYSOPR
05-07-2015, 07:48 AM
The problem is the printer.

That model is not supported by SR Web. (It isn't officially supported in SR Desktop either, but SR Desktop works with a larger range of printers than SR Web)

We see the printer here:
https://www.zebra.com/id/zebra/na/en/index/barcode-printers/gc420d.html

You may be able to solve the problem by updating the firmware on the GC420D

We suggest getting a new ZP series printer, $200-250, brand new
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=zp450&_dcat=1245&rt=nc&LH_ItemCondition=3

Or a ZP505
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=zp505&=&rt=nc&LH_ItemCondition=3

eallen
05-08-2015, 09:18 AM
Well, we just spent a few hours chasing the ZPL goose with Zebra. And we confirmed the printer was in ZPL mode, but it still couldn't print labels. Now we know why. We'll look into the ZP series.

SYSOPP
05-08-2015, 12:29 PM
The SR docs are usually good about listing the compatible models. (You are welcome to use a model not on the list.. but...)

eallen
05-11-2015, 10:06 AM
We're now testing a Zebra LP2844-Z printer, using the driver "ZDesigner LP 2844-Z", version 5.1.7.5675. We installed it on a clean laptop running Windows 7. We can print a test page from windows, but when we print a test label from CloudPrint, it's still stopping on the bar code. We'e also included the config page from the printer, if that helps.

How can we print labels successfully?19061907

SYSOPP
05-11-2015, 02:25 PM
OK, the 2844-Z.... (I have a bad feeling about this, because we don't have that one on hand, but yes, it is on the supported models list, so we will try!)

For starters, the shot you posted of the windows test page is truncated. Can you print a FULL windows test page?

Until a full windows test page prints, I am not sure we can expect ShipRush to function.

And a footnote: The 2844-Z is a VERY OLD printer, that was only produced for a couple of years. The ZP/GX/GK models are THE way to go for desktop printer models. The team here is concerned that instead of spending $200 or so on a real printer, that a lot of time is being spent chasing old, obsolete gear.

eallen
05-13-2015, 07:59 AM
It looks like all the supported printers are discontinued models except the GX and GK, so we're going to get one of those to test. We need to settle on a printer that we can specify for our customers to buy that is compatible with ShipRush Web and installed ShipRush, as well as our point-of-sale system. So we'll get a GK or GX.

We've been recommending the GC for a few years now since it's very reasonably priced and works well. If you could support that one as well, we could go that route.

SYSOPP
05-13-2015, 05:01 PM
It looks like all the supported printers are discontinued models except the GX and GK,

ummmmmmmm,

Looking at: http://my.shiprush.com/docs/zfirm/EN-US/#Reference/Thermal Printer Support.htm

The ZP and ZT400 and 105SL models are all current production models.

The only discontinued model on the list is the Zebra 2844-Z.

Are we missing something?

eallen
05-22-2015, 10:15 AM
Ok, thanks.