PDA

View Full Version : Amazon PO number requirement

JamesB
04-28-2016, 12:34 PM
Hi,

I need to have the customer's PO number referenced on the label and packing list for Amazon orders where the customer used a PO#. This is a requirement for Pro sellers and we just want to make sure we're following the rules. We would still need the Amazon order ID# referenced, as it currently is.

I see where to set up the shipment defaults for our Amazon store, but not sure what selection I should choose for what would be a PO field.

Thanks!

SYSOPS
04-28-2016, 01:12 PM
Do you see the PO # as part of the order data that is downloaded by ShipRush?

SYSOPS

JamesB
04-29-2016, 12:25 PM
I'm not sure. I honestly don't know what all Shiprush downloads from Amazon when pulling orders, other than the buyers info, product info (sku, etc) order id#, shipping. If there's a PO field also, I'm not aware of it. I do know that we can see the PO# within the reports on Amazon when we look at "order reports" on Seller Central.

SYSOPS
04-29-2016, 02:43 PM
This appears to be a new requirement that Amazon is placing on sellers. We had another report of this new field available during checkout, and are investigating if this data is part of Amazon's data payload they send to us. Case 51574.

Thank you,
SYSOPS

JamesB
05-16-2016, 05:44 AM
Any updates on this as of yet? Amazon is pushing some sellers to sell to more business customers, but the PO# referenced on label, and packing slip is a requirement to be on that program. I know when looking at the order on sellercentral, you do see the customers PO#, and if you run order reports, it will show. I assume somewhere it would have this info in the data sent to your system, since they should know that most sellers use 3rd party bulk shipping programs such as SR to ship orders out. Thanks!

SYSOPS
05-16-2016, 06:44 AM
Sorry we didn't update this thread earlier. We asked Amazon:
The PO# data is not currently available via their API, at this time. Since they aren't providing it, it will not be a requirement. and will not affect the sellers rating on Amazon.

Thank you,
SYSOPS

SYSOPP
05-16-2016, 07:03 AM
An alternate read on the ShipRush response:

Based on conversations with Amazon, this data is neither provided by the Amazon platform, nor required for merchants.

However, it is entirely possible that your need is coming from a different angle. If you can help us understand where this data can be retrieved, we are open to pursuing the topic.

Let us know how we can help!

JamesB
05-18-2016, 04:58 AM
We have been approached multiple times from Amazon by email about the PO requirement for us when shipping to a business buyer on the site. The email's we've received read as the following:

Dear Amazon Seller,

As a Professional seller on Amazon, you now have access to a new optional Order Number column within your New, Unshipped and All Orders Reports. This column helps you identify orders where business buyers have provided a Purchase Order Number during checkout. Business buyers may provide a Purchase Order Number during checkout to streamline their order and receiving processes.

If a PO Number has been provided, all sellers must reference it on packing slips and shipping labels. We recommend adding the Order Number column to your New, Unshipped and All Orders Reports so you can identify orders where buyers have provided a PO Number. To do so, complete the following steps:

In your seller account, select Orders, then Order Reports.
Click the link for Add or Remove Columns. Purchase Order Number will appear at the bottom of the page, and may be toggled on or off at any time.
Note: Changes to any columns on this page affect New, Unshipped, and All Orders Reports.

So it sounds like the PO number is a requirement on packing slips, and shipping labels, per their email statement, if you are to be on their program selling to businesses. I just don't know how strict they are going to be on this rule

SYSOPP
05-18-2016, 10:35 AM
Thank you!

We are investigating under ZF Case 51831. Please allow a week or so for us to turn this around through the various parties.

SYSOPR
05-20-2016, 05:00 AM
ZF Case 51831

We have investigated this issue for you some weeks back, from what I am told?

Here is our understanding, from multiple conversations w Amazon:

1) Amazon does not make the PO number data available via their API, so ShipRush cannot see this data.
2) Not providing the PO number on labels/packing lists will NOT affect the users rating/etc.

To push this further, you should please turn to Amazon and work with them to get it in their API data feed.

Only then can team ShipRush pick up the ball.