PDA

View Full Version : Contact Mgr Not being recognized after FedEx install v4

KentF
09-23-2005, 06:21 AM
We've been running ShipRush for UPS for a couple years. I just installed ShipRush for FedEx ... I don't know if that's running correctly yet because the UPS version is not recognizing our Great Plains application. After GP is up and running we try to initialize ShipRush for UPS, the message that comes up is "The contact manager, Great Plains, is not running. Please start Great Plains." The one on our network server seems to be working. The problem is at the workstations only where the FedEx version was added.

We're wanting to run both together, but something happened to the UPS version. Any ideas ?

Once I can get UPS version running again, I can test the FedEx version.

SYSOPR
09-23-2005, 09:53 AM
Odd. For some reason ShipRush is not seeing the Great Plains app (which I assume is running and logged in when you start ShipRush, right?)

It is very unlikely that the two ShipRush's are interfering with each other (even if that appears to be the case). More likely something else also changed when the new ShipRush was installed.

For a quick start, I would compare the working GP + ShipRush system to one of the non-working systems (as far as the steps you take, the GP screen open, etc.).

If that does not help make progress, it might be best to call in and open a phone support incident.

KentF
09-23-2005, 11:31 AM
Is there something that I can get into to make sure there's a correct path or something when it checks for a contact manager? Or ... a log file that specifically records the error that's occurring ?

There's got'a be something ...

SYSOPR
09-23-2005, 12:29 PM
ShipRush automatically detects if GP is running. There is no configuration. It 'just works' (except on that problem PC).

If ShipRush is not seeing GP, we may need to remote in to work on it. This would take a paid support call (sorry).

KentF
09-26-2005, 08:21 AM
Well ... maybe this will shed some light on this problem. I was notified today by my users that this error messages displays when they try to run the ShipRush FedEx application: "Assertion failure (C:\Develop\shiprush\Current\ShipRush-v3-UPS\source\App\SRU3_MAIN.pas, line 1815)" ... Something is wrong and had to happen during the FedEx install.

I hope this helps pin point where to start looking ...

UPDATE: After looking for the above directory, it doesn't exist anywhere on either machine. Something is seriously FUBAR.

SYSOPR
09-26-2005, 10:15 AM
Sounds quite off.

Phone support is the next step for an issue like this. Please call into Z-Firm at 206-812-7874

Thank you