PDA

View Full Version : Printing help

giddyup
06-18-2016, 08:24 AM
I am trying to setup a new laptop and at the same time I'm switching to this version from the desktop version.

I use a Zebra LP2844 thermal printer for all shipping labels / packing lists.

I installed the print drivers and the printer seems to be working just fine; however when I setup the iCloud print and select thermal printer it doesn't print anything. If I change it to Laser then it will print a label though I did have to mess with the margins a bit. When I ship an order I can get a nice clean looking shipping label printed (4x6 thermal) using the laser setting (which just seems odd to have to do), however I can't get a packing list to print using either thermal or laser settings.

Can you help?

Thank you!

SYSOPS
06-20-2016, 06:21 AM
The older 2844 EPL type printers are not supported for ShipRush Web. How you set it to laser\inkjet is our documented workaround to using that as the printer for labels:
http://my.shiprush.com/docs/zfirm/EN-US/#Reference/Thermal_Printer_Support.htm

Printing packing lists to that printer type is not supported. We would suggest a newer\supported printer model to use for labels and packing lists.

Thank you,
SYSOPS

SYSOPR
06-20-2016, 09:23 AM
FWIW, the 2844 has been obsolete for many years.

Strongly suggest replacing it with a ZP500 or ZP450

This looks to be new:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Zebra-ZP450-Thermal-Label-Printer-Brand-New-Ebay-Paypal-UPS-FedEx-USPS-Endicia-/272170541852?hash=item3f5ea0e31c:g:EJAAAOSwr7ZW5yK m

Refurb:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Zebra-ZP500-ZPL-Thermal-Printer-USB-connection-with-250-labels-Replaces-LP2844-/172078838955?hash=item2810b2b4ab:g:iKgAAOSwuAVWzyD e

Or, if you do a enough volume w FedEx or UPS, they will comp you a printer (ask your rep).

giddyup
06-20-2016, 09:37 AM
Thanks for the help; I ordered the 450 this morning.

giddyup
06-23-2016, 10:26 AM
Hey guys, got my new printer today (zp 450). The labels print great (look so much better than my old printer) but the packing lists aren't printing. The print job is going to the printer but then nothing and the job disappears.
Any ideas, is this a margin issue of some sort? The packing list test label prints fine....

giddyup
06-23-2016, 10:32 AM
Hey guys, got my new printer today (zp 450). The labels print great (look so much better than my old printer) but the packing lists aren't printing. The print job is going to the printer but then nothing and the job disappears.
Any ideas, is this a margin issue of some sort? The packing list test label prints fine....

Would a reprint of the packing list re-send the exact same data no matter how I change the settings? Like did it originally gen a file that it sends and I would need to move onto a new shipment to get a new file?

SYSOPS
06-23-2016, 11:07 AM
Your margin settings look correct. It shouldn't remember how it was configured before as the packing list is a reprint, just a print, unlike trying to reprint a label that was created.

I would suggest re-selecting the printer for the packing list on the main packing list setting as well as under each webstore (it appears you have a different packing list selected for each webstore), then go back to shipping, select an order and click on packing list on an order.

SYSOPS

giddyup
06-23-2016, 11:15 AM
Your margin settings look correct. It shouldn't remember how it was configured before as the packing list is a reprint, just a print, unlike trying to reprint a label that was created.

I would suggest re-selecting the printer for the packing list on the main packing list setting as well as under each webstore (it appears you have a different packing list selected for each webstore), then go back to shipping, select an order and click on packing list on an order.

SYSOPS

Thank you, that seems to work!
Appreciate the help!