PDA

View Full Version : my.shiprush not setting the correct PO zipcode for Amazon orders

Contrary1
12-23-2016, 11:16 AM
We are having a problem with Shiprush online. Our physical zip code and our post office zip code where our packages are dropped off are different. This has never been a problem until recently. Not sure what happened but something has changed. Our post office zip code has been properly set in the system, it has also been properly set in endicia. It prints the labels correctly for both ebay and Volusion (i.e. the return address is correct and the post office zip in postage info is correct). However, on Amazon orders, it does not set the correct PO zip code (it puts in our Physical zip). For some reason that we cannot figure out,on amazon orders it defaults back to our location zip for the ship from zip code. This is causing an issue with the postal service. Why are the Amazon orders not printing correctly. I have confirmed the PO Zip code settings but for some reason amazon orders (and ONLY amazon orders) are overriding the programmed info and generating incorrect postage and labels

SYSOPP
12-25-2016, 01:30 PM
However, on Amazon orders, it does not set the correct PO zip code (it puts in our Physical zip). For some reason that we cannot figure out,on amazon orders it defaults back to our location zip for the ship from zip code. This is causing an issue with the postal service. Why are the Amazon orders not printing correctly. I have confirmed the PO Zip code settings but for some reason amazon orders (and ONLY amazon orders) are overriding the programmed info and generating incorrect postage and labels

When you ship those Amazon orders, please clarify:

a- Do you use the Amazon shipping carrier?

We need to understand exactly what shipping account is being used.

Contrary1
12-26-2016, 08:11 AM
No we are not using the amazon shipping carrier. my.shiprush is downloading the amazon orders into my shiprush and then we are shipping the packages through my.shiprush using our endicia account. my.shiprush is working correctly when it downloads, processes, and prints our shipping labels from ebay and volusion. It is messing up the orders from amazon however. For some reason my.shiprush is not getting the ship from zip code set correct on Amazon and Amazon orders alone. It worked fine for many month but something in my.shiprush changed recently and now it does not set our PO zip code correctly anymore. This is causing issues with the postal service and needs to be fixed ASAP.

SYSOPP
12-26-2016, 11:07 AM
Thank you for the clarification.

We are looking into this area under ZF Case 55848. It will take a few days to walk this through QA and dev.

As we understand it: The PO Zip is fine for orders except orders coming from the Amazon store, and this is all being done across an Endicia account.

Next question: Where do you see the PO Zip? (It is usually not very visible.)

Thank you for working with us to resolve this.

Contrary1
12-26-2016, 11:40 AM
Actually, the "mailed from" zip is easily visible on endicia shipping labels (and actually I believe it has to be shown). The mailed from zip is located and displayed in the postage details (i.e. by the weight, shipping class, date, which is all just to the left of the QR code). Additionally, the other place it is easily denoted is when we go to print our scan forms since you cannot generate a scan form with packages from two different PO zip codes together.

SYSOPS
12-27-2016, 08:27 AM
Morning,
We've reviewed this further, and do not see the issue on Amazon orders. Example order that you did today to Upland CA shows the Mailed From ZIP is the one you have set on your Endicia account in ShipRush Web.

Do you have another example where this is happening? If so, please email to support at shiprush dot com with the Amazon order and if possible an image of the label that you have for that shipment.

Thank you,
SYSOPS

Contrary1
12-28-2016, 11:46 AM
Correct, yesterdays orders went just fine for some reason. However, look at today's Amazon orders. The 4 amazon orders that went postal all printed with the incorrect PO zip code. Can you explain why this is happening?

SYSOPS
12-28-2016, 12:02 PM
I do not see what is causing this behavior. Have Case 55868 open for further review.

Thank you,
SYSOPS

Contrary1
01-03-2017, 07:44 AM
Noticed an interesting thing today. I shipped 5 amazon orders first thing this morning and they all printed correctly (they were the very first labels I printed). Then I went on to print a number of ebay labels (as usual, all the ebay labels printed correctly). Then I went and printed a couple of more Amazon labels. Low and behold the two amazon orders printed incorrectly. I'm starting to wonder if the glitch is triggered by what sequence the orders are printed in. I don't see why it should make a difference but it appears it may be an issue on shiprush's end. Something you might want to look at anyway and I will test my theory again tomorrow.

SYSOPS
01-03-2017, 08:07 AM
I've passed that along to our development team.

Thank you,
SYSOPS

Contrary1
01-05-2017, 07:24 AM
Had a chance to further test my theory. I printed a couple of Amazon orders first and it set the PO zip code correctly as expected. I then manually entered a phone order and printed it (correctly as expected). I followed that with printing another amazon order which it printed correctly (which surprised me). I then printed several ebay orders which printed correctly as expected. I then printed another Amazon order....BINGO, it printed the INCORRECT PO zip code. My theory is looking pretty valid and this mean there is a glitch in the shiprush online software THAT NEEDS FIXED. Unfortunately we cannot always simply print all amazon orders first, orders simply do not come in that way. And if endicia and the postal service get wind of this, it could be very bad for Zfirm and shiprush. They do not take printing incorrect postage labels lightly. Please correct this issue ASAP.

SYSOPS
01-05-2017, 10:26 AM
Thank you for the update. Development is reviewing the issue.

In your case, the zipcodes are 21 miles apart and should have no impact in the postage rates being shown or charged for the shipments.

SYSOPS

Contrary1
01-05-2017, 10:54 AM
You are correct that it does not affect the rates. HOWEVER, the packages are supposed to be delivered to the post office in the origin zip code on the label. I have been told that this for several reasons. 1st, so that the correct post office gets credit for the postage printed, 2nd so that the scan form is accurate on the package location for tracking and insurance purposes, 3rd so that each individual package does not have to be scanned due to the mixed zip codes. I have been told this is a significant issue on your part that needs resolved as it is a violation of postal regulations. FURTHERMORE, you cannot print scan forms with multiple zip codes on them so I have to print two scan forms for the mixup. This adds work on our end because of a system glitch on your end and if postal service starts to refuse the incorrect labels I will have to drive the 21 miles to drop them off (are you willing to pay for this???). This glitch appeared out of the blue a number of weeks ago so I can only assume it is a result of some sort of system change that Zfirm made. Surely you cannot view this glitch as acceptable software programming....can you? Both myself and the postal service are requesting you fix the glitch.

SYSOPS
01-05-2017, 11:47 AM
As stated, development is reviewing the issue. At no point was there any indication of us stating it wasn't an issue.

Thank you,
SYSOPS

SYSOPS
01-19-2017, 12:19 PM
Development found the possible cause of this and put a fix in our code. If you continue to see this issue, please let us know.

Thank you,
SYSOPS