PDA

View Full Version : From address seems to print incorrectly.

giddyup
01-26-2017, 05:09 AM
My from Address is:
Company Name
Shipping Dept.

But the labels are printing:
Shipping Dept
Company Name

This seems backwards of how it used to be and seemed to switch around the time I whacked endicia.

I obviously know the workaround but would prefer this just be changed on your end, thoughts?

Thank you!

SYSOPS
01-26-2017, 07:38 AM
Interesting observation. If you like the layout of how it was, please use the workaround. We actually raised that as a flaw on the Endicia servers. According to the USPS specs, contact name should be line 1.

http://pe.usps.gov/cpim/ftp/pubs/Pub28/pub28.pdf

SYSOPS

giddyup
01-26-2017, 08:01 AM
Interesting observation. If you like the layout of how it was, please use the workaround. We actually raised that as a flaw on the Endicia servers. According to the USPS specs, contact name should be line 1.

http://pe.usps.gov/cpim/ftp/pubs/Pub28/pub28.pdf

SYSOPS

Well whatever change you guys made since yesterday morning actually "corrected" (broke from what you say) this issue.

All of my USPS labels came out correctly today (well how I want them with Company name first), however my UPS labels came out as follows:
Shipping Dept
Phone number
Company name....

Can we get them consistent?

giddyup
01-26-2017, 08:15 AM
The more I think about this the more I realize that how it is working now (at least for USPS but not UPS) is how it should work....

In the software you display the ship from address as follows:
Company name
Ship from name (phone number)
Address

However it is displayed there is how I would expect it to appear on my label; if the standards / guidelines from the post office are different then I'd expect it to be displayed differently in my "Default address".

Either way consistency would be appreciated in all of the areas:
All web pages where address is listed (including asking for the ship from name before the company name if that's how it will be displayed), USPS labels, UPS labels and any others that might be included as well....

Once it's consistent I can make changes with confidence knowing what to expect of how I personally want it displayed.... while it is inconsistent it gives the appearance that something is wrong and could change imminently with a fix or correction (as happened today).

SYSOPP
01-26-2017, 05:13 PM
The hairy part here is that USPS and UPS (for example) do the FROM addy differently.

ShipRush doesn't know what carrier will be used for a shipment until.... it is too late (if a preset or automation rule is running the show....)

Good to hear you have a path forward. Do let us know how we can help!

giddyup
01-26-2017, 06:03 PM
The hairy part here is that USPS and UPS (for example) do the FROM addy differently.

ShipRush doesn't know what carrier will be used for a shipment until.... it is too late (if a preset or automation rule is running the show....)

Good to hear you have a path forward. Do let us know how we can help!

I'm not sure what your response means but can we can at least get an acknowledgement that you **are** aware that the way you handled FROM addresses changed in the last 48 hours and that how it is handling it now is how it will handle it going forward?

SYSOPP
01-27-2017, 01:55 PM
I'm not sure what your response means but can we can at least get an acknowledgement that you **are** aware that the way you handled FROM addresses changed in the last 48 hours and that how it is handling it now is how it will handle it going forward?

Sorry about that.

Yes, for postal labels the FROM address layout changed.

We are working on getting it to be consistent, but it will prob be late next week before there is motion on this area.