PDA

View Full Version : List of Merge Codes?

Islabikes
02-14-2017, 01:34 PM
Hi,

I am working on custom email templates for our account and would love to see a list of the merge codes available. I can't find this list anywhere in the documentation or in templates themselves.

Thanks!

Carrie.

SYSOPS
02-15-2017, 09:16 AM
The currently available mergecodes for use in email or packing list templates are listed on the right. Is there something additional you're looking to add?

SYSOPS

Islabikes
02-15-2017, 10:21 AM
Well, to include the packing list I needed to add things like item.name and item.quantity, which are not listed in the right hand email menu but I figured out via the modern template.

Anyway, we would like to be able to add the name of the person who prepared the order to our outgoing email. If we use the Tag feature in ShipRush, can I reference that tag in the outgoing email? Or else if we do something like put that in the Notes field of the order, how can I reference that field in the email template?

Thank you,

Carrie.

Islabikes
02-15-2017, 10:23 AM
As a follow up, I'd also like to have a list of what we could include in the subject line of the outgoing email and how to format that correctly. There are a few examples in the documentation, but not the full list.

Thanks!
Carrie.

SYSOPS
02-15-2017, 11:43 AM
Well, to include the packing list I needed to add things like item.name and item.quantity, which are not listed in the right hand email menu but I figured out via the modern template.
I have Case 56835 open to see if we can enhance our helpfile to go into more details about available mergecodes for templates.

Anyway, we would like to be able to add the name of the person who prepared the order to our outgoing email.
We don't store the person's full name who shipped. We do store the email (login) on the shipment. You can see that in the Shipped area, upper right of the order in the grid. Is that what you want included in the email?

If we use the Tag feature in ShipRush, can I reference that tag in the outgoing email?
Not at the moment. Case 56837

Or else if we do something like put that in the Notes field of the order, how can I reference that field in the email template?
You can use: @Order.Comments for email or packing list template

I'd also like to have a list of what we could include in the subject line of the outgoing email and how to format that correctly. There are a few examples in the documentation, but not the full list.
Case 56836. For an idea of what is available: http://www.zfirm.com/Product_Documentation/ShipRush_v11-0_FedEx/Content/Order_Manager__Merge_Codes.htm
Some of those mergecodes may not work, and is part of the case to see if we can have a match between the desktop version and web version.

SYSOPS

Islabikes
02-15-2017, 12:37 PM
You can use: @Order.Comments for email or packing list template

Thank you for the help so far -- it has been helpful!

I did see that option to add the comments to the email, but where in the order could a user put comments? I only see a "Notes" section when I open up an order in ShipRush.

Thank you,
Carrie.

SYSOPS
02-15-2017, 01:02 PM
Notes and Comments are the same field.

SYSOPS

SYSOPS
03-17-2017, 07:15 AM
This is now available in ShipRush Web.

1. To merge Tags in templates you can use @Model.Shipment.Tags
2. To merge in subject use %Tags%

Thank you,