PDA

View Full Version : part number does not show up on ebay packing slip but does for Amazon and webstore

flashtechusa
04-05-2017, 01:56 PM
my company has used shiprush for the past 4 years and I am fairly confident this problem has always been present. I recently hired a new shipping manager and while I was training him I realized our lives would be much easier on eBay if the part number (sku, MPN etc) would show up on the shiprush packing slip for eBay. After checking out the packing slips for Amazon and our webstore I realized that the part numbers come over fine for these two applications and the problem seems to be with just Ebay. I spent a few hours trying to configure the packing slip as well as an ebay listing to correct this. We list on ebay motors and have the part numbers listed under MPN. I recently tried adding the part number to the custom label field and when i reprinted a packing slip nothing changed! Any help would be appreciated.

Another issue on ebay is the order # is pulling he item listing number which is not a unique number. How do we get this changed to the unique order number for each of my ebay orders?

SYSOPS
04-05-2017, 02:06 PM
Is this the web or desktop version of ShipRush?
Packing slip to paper or thermal?
If desktop, is this the classic or My.ShipRush packing list?

Thank you,
SYSOPS

flashtechusa
04-05-2017, 02:20 PM
1) this is the web version of ship rush
2) Paper
3) we have used the desktop version in the past, but the office has migrated solely to the web based version and is what was used to print out these packing slips. I have attached a screenshot of the packing slip being used

SYSOPS
04-05-2017, 02:40 PM
OK, we can address the Order # issue now.

You'll need to make a new template (clone the one you have now)
Rename it to indicate it's for eBay

Replace the mergecode:
@Model.Order.OrderNumber with @Model.Order.AlternativeOrderNumber
Save your new template
Still in settings, go down to your eBay webstore | Packing List
Set the new packing list just for your eBay webstore

Why? eBay treats the auction as the Order #, and the short value as a different field. We map that to the Alternate Order #.

Alternate solution, edit your eBay webstore and enable the Use eBay Order Number as Order Number setting. Do look at the Tooltip to the right of that setting as to what changing this setting might cause.

We will address the question of the item # shortly.

Thank you,
SYSOPS

SYSOPS
04-05-2017, 02:52 PM
Item #:
Can you send a screenshot of a recent example eBay order (from today or yesterday) showing the item # and another screenshot from eBay showing where you set this item # value? Send those to support at shiprush dot com.

We will need to investigate how eBay is storing that data and if that data is available to download as part of the order.

Thank you,
SYSOPS

flashtechusa
04-06-2017, 10:39 AM
OK, we can address the Order # issue now.

Thank you,
SYSOPS

Thanks that fixed that problem and allowed me to make separate packing slips for each store which was something we have tried to do for years! I will address the other issue shortly!