PDA

View Full Version : SCAN form includes return labels

JamesB
04-17-2017, 03:05 AM
I'm not sure if this is an issue with SR, or with USPS's. When we generate our SCAN form at the end of day (by clicking Close Shipping Day button), our SCAN form generates, like it should, but it's including the return labels that we may have sent customers also. What then is happening is that the return label immediately will then show generated at the recipients location, then after our drive scans the SCAN form, we're getting "Picked Up" showing at our location. We are also then unable to Void the label, if needed, since it already shows "Picked up", even though it actually has not.

So, is there a way to exclude the return labels that were generated that day from coming up in the SCAN form? These shouldn't show up anyway, since they would never be picked up from our location, but rather from the recipient.

Also, any word on Pay On Use returns feature? We lost that when switching over to SR Postage and it's a must have feature for us.

Thanks!

SYSOPS
04-17-2017, 06:33 AM
So, is there a way to exclude the return labels that were generated that day from coming up in the SCAN form?
Are you seeing return shipments on recent SCAN forms? There was an issue with this that was resolved early April. Please let me know if this is happening now, and also please include an example tracking # for the return shipment so I can report this to development.

Also, any word on Pay On Use returns feature? We lost that when switching over to SR Postage and it's a must have feature for us.
We are working with our new postal providers to have that available to us. We hope to get the update rolled out in the next month.

SYSOPS

JamesB
04-17-2017, 07:03 AM
Here's an example: 9400136895232164516430

We cannot void this label either now, since it shows "picked up", when actually it wasn't. When we closed day out that day, it was part of the SCAN form labels I assume.

This would be a problem when the POU feature becomes available, since it would automatically charge for labels even though they weren't actually used yet, I would think.

Thanks!

SYSOPS
04-17-2017, 07:11 AM
That shipment appears to be from April 5th. The fix for this was rolled out on April 7th. Do you have a return label with this issue after April 7th?

Thank you,
SYSOPS

JamesB
04-17-2017, 07:25 AM
Apologies, you may have it cleared up now. We'll keep an eye out and check for any problems. I don't see any issues so far after that date which is good.

Thanks!