PDA

View Full Version : Adding a secondary FedEx account

JamesB
04-25-2017, 04:57 AM
We've recently added another FedEx shipping account to SR Web. The account settings are the same as our default FX account. Everything seems to work, with the exception of LTL. I'm getting an error of "Message from the FedEx Server: The account number entered for FEDEX_FREIGHT could not be validated". I can rate the shipment logged into our FedEx account online, so our LTL should be set up correctly on the FedEx side. I'm also not seeing a meter number showing in the "Advanced" section of settings for the new account.

Anything we may be missing?

SYSOPS
04-25-2017, 07:11 AM
The meter # should display at some point in the future. Certainly isn't the issue here.

The error would indicate that Freight is not setup properly on the account in the FedEx servers. I've opened Case 58031 and we are going to ask FedEx to review further. Maybe they can help point out what is wrong with the account setup. We will let you know when we get an update back from FedEx.

Thank you,
SYSOPS

SYSOPS
04-25-2017, 07:55 AM
From FedEx:
This error message would normally mean that the FedEx Freight Billing Contact and Address information supplied does not match exactly what appears in the FedEx backend system and therefore the account cannot be validated. Properly formatted billing contact information would include spacing, abbreviations, etc. All information needs to match the account supplied.

There is also the possibility that the account in question may be in an invalid status, which might throw this error. It is strongly advised that you speak with the FedEx Freight team at 1-866-393-4585 (US) to determine whether or not the information on the backend matches exactly what is entered.

HTH,
SYSOPS

JamesB
04-25-2017, 07:57 AM
I believe that it is actually due to the billing address being different on our Ground service, vs our LTL service. When the system is rating Ground, everything is fine. When we try and rate an LTL, it's seeing the incorrect billing address in the SR software, and kicking out. We're in the process of getting Fedex to change our LTL billing address over to the same as Ground. I THINK that will solve our problem...hopefully...

Thanks!

JamesB
04-26-2017, 03:04 AM
Fixed. We were able to get both the Ground/Express billing address and LTL address changed to the same at FedEx. Since SR only has the option for one billing address for FedEx, both the Ground and LTL would need to match, otherwise, one service or the other won't work in SR Web.

Thanks!

SYSOPS
04-26-2017, 02:38 PM
You can have more than one Ship From profile on the same account. You would see the same account listed twice in the list when you switch the carrier account, showing the different addresses.

SYSOPS