PDA

View Full Version : "Memo" or similar field

Korfys
05-30-2017, 12:50 PM
Hi friends. UPS Worldship has a Memo field in the Quantum View Notify section that allows users to type a brief comment which will appear on the tracking email when it's sent out. We have a number of uses for this memo field, most of which are on a case-by-case basis.

Is there a similar way to add a memo or comment to a shipment in ShipRush web? Utilizing a separate email template, or editing, unediting, and re-editing an email template numerous times throughout the day isn't a solution for us.

Adding a third Reference field or a Memo field would work well to include information on the fly, but I see no way to add fields like these. Is there any existing solution for a Memo field similar to Worldship's?

SYSOPS
05-30-2017, 01:49 PM
There's the Notes section on the order (bottom of screen). You can populate that with data and add @Order.Comments merge code to your email template.

We do not have a way to add more fields to the screen in ShipRush.

SYSOPS

Korfys
05-31-2017, 11:26 AM
That's an interesting workaround. Would changes made to that field in ShipRush end up being saved to the Notes section back on the webstore?

SYSOPS
05-31-2017, 12:18 PM
We do not write those notes back to the eComm.

SYSOPS

Korfys
06-27-2017, 01:16 PM
Quick follow-up question on the @Order.Comments solution:

This can work great for imported web orders, but I do not see a similar field on shipments created from scratch. How can I do this on new shipments that aren't imported?

SYSOPS
06-27-2017, 01:20 PM
Order Comments only exist with orders. You could use the New Order function to add an "on the fly" order that you can ship on.

Does that work?

SYSOPS

Korfys
06-28-2017, 02:27 PM
I'm not getting a result from that.

Address Book > search customer > Ship > recipient information populates in Editing New Shipment.

Click New Order > ... but then what? I don't have items to add. If I click New Shipment I end up back at Editing New Shipment with no order attached / associated, same with clicking Back. Are you able to do it?

SYSOPS
06-28-2017, 03:07 PM
OK....that workflow isn't going to work for your scenario.

I've opened Case 59449 as a suggestion to offer a Notes\Memo Field for one off shipments as well.

Thank you,
SYSOPS