PDA

View Full Version : Custom Post-In - Void Shipment

RogerH
06-26-2017, 02:11 PM
Hi, how do you void an existing shipment that has already been shipped? I tried posting the same ShipTransaction used to create the shipment with Shipment\ShipmentStatus set to "Deleted", Shipment\ShipmentType set to but the shipment is still appearing and shipped. I also set the externalId to our system's order number that is used.

SYSOPS
06-26-2017, 02:28 PM
Are you using the REST API SDK for ShipRush to create the shipment?

If not, please clarify what specifically you're using for ShipRush.

Thank you,
SYSOPS

RogerH
06-26-2017, 02:35 PM
Not the rest api. I am using the custom post-in method, posting a ShipTransaction (shipment + order) xml document to your web service (https://api.my.shiprush.com/IntegrationService.svc/####/####/add/order)

SYSOPS
06-26-2017, 03:00 PM
Are you trying to actual void the shipment that was done in ShipRush? That can only be done in ShipRush itself if using the Custom Post-in. That does not control actual shipment functions like making a label or voiding a shipping label.

The deleted flag that is outlined in the docs is what we can push back out if the shipment is deleted in ShipRush on the order.

SYSOPS

RogerH
06-27-2017, 09:18 AM
As a test, when I update an existing shipment to deleted or an order to cancelled via the custom post-in the shipment/order seems unchanged. Are there any required fields?

I am ok w/ voiding the shipment in ShipRush if your system sends a updated notification to the postbackurl set on that shipment so we can remove the tracking in our system. Right now, our users have to first search for the order, void the order, then go back to our system and clear out the tracking number.

Alternatively, when initially shipping an order, if the AddOrderResponse contained the shipmentid, then we can use the Javascript SDK to open that shipment in ShipRush and void the order (and update the tracking in our system via the javascript callbacks). Right now the AddOrderResponse only returns an OrderId.

Thank you.

SYSOPS
06-27-2017, 09:38 AM
Let us ask development for a solution that will work for this scenario. Case 59410. We will update on this thread when more information is available.

Thank youi,
SYSOPS

SYSOPS
06-29-2017, 07:04 AM
There isn't any option to manipulate shipment data via the post in function.

I've asked development to enhance the postback function to send out an update if there is a void on an order. Case 59453

Thank you,
SYSOPS

RogerH
06-29-2017, 10:28 AM
Ok. Alternatively, if a shipment has a postbackurl set and you void it in ship rush, if an update was sent via the postbackurl that might work too.
Thanks for looking into it.

SYSOPS
06-29-2017, 12:08 PM
Ok. Alternatively, if a shipment has a postbackurl set and you void it in ship rush, if an update was sent via the postbackurl that might work too.
That is what Case 59453 is looking into.

Thank you,
SYSOPS