View Full Version : xml request with carrier=17 shows up as default carrier

jpdusty
09-14-2017, 09:29 AM
XML request with carrier=17 shows up as default carrier

To reproduce:
-- Submit an xml request for a shipment containing:
<Carrier>17</Carrier>
(see attached file)
-- Viewed the order in my.shiprush.com . It shows up with the default carrier (in our case Fedex) instead of carrier 17, USPS ShipRush .

Can this be changed to show the correct carrier.

Thanks,

SYSOPS
09-14-2017, 12:28 PM
I'm not seeing the issue in testing here. I have FedEx set as the default carrier and used your example above.

When I check the order in my system, it's set to my postal account. I also tested against your store with your example (changed a couple things slightly so my test order stands out), and it's also set to your USPS account.

SYSOPS

jpdusty
09-14-2017, 12:54 PM
After I posted my message, I changed the default for the "jp@dustygroove.com" account to ShipRush USPS. Then it worked. I mistakenly left ShipRush USPS as the default for that account.

So, yes, your test worked because ShipRush USPS was the default for the "jp@dustygroove.com" account

Now, I have changed the default back to Fedex. If you run the test again you should see the problem.

Thanks,

SYSOPS
09-14-2017, 02:25 PM
I do see, but only on your account. I do the same test on my system, and it goes to a postal carrier.

I've opened Case 61023 for further review.

Thank you,
SYSOPS

SYSOPS
09-25-2017, 07:23 AM
OK...this should now be fixed. Appears this was specific to ShipRush Discount Postage and setting that based on the value passed for <Carrier>17</Carrier>. We found an issue and rolled out new code yesterday.

SYSOPS