PDA

View Full Version : Creating shipment not working (sandbox)

gibenz
12-13-2017, 04:54 AM
Hello,

Basically my project should be creating a FedEx shipment and getting back the tracking number.
I'm trying to test it in the sandbox environment, but with no success so far.

I created a custom web store in the sandbox environment and got the unique URL for the POST request.
I added USPS as the default shipper for this web store,
created the shipment transaction request XML (according to the documentation example) and sent the complete POST request.
The response from the server was 200 OK but no shipment was actually created, and no postback to requestb.in.

So what did I miss ?
Is it possible to test the complete process in the sandbox ?
Can I get the tracking number with a Get request from my side, not by a postback initiated by shiprush ?

Thanks a lot,

Gilad
Sandbox account - gilad@fbc.co.il

SYSOPS
12-13-2017, 07:32 AM
This is Custom Post-in webstore, correct? If so, that will create the order itself in ShipRush, but not create a shipment. Basically it will feed us the order then someone logged into ShipRush (Shipping dept, fulfillment warehouse, etc) would create the shipment. After the shipment is created we would use the postback URL that you defined on the order to send that shipment information out to. You would consume on your side and use the data as needed.

HTH,
SYSOPS

gibenz
12-14-2017, 02:01 AM
Hi,

Yes this is Custom Post-in webstore, currently in the sandbox only.

Not sure I Understood the process. Do I have to post an order first and then a shipment ?

Can you please point me to a relevant documentation on this, with XML examples ?
Maybe I'm not using the correct documentation.

Thanks,

Gilad.

SYSOPS
12-14-2017, 07:07 AM
A Custom Post In webstore will create orders inside of ShipRush. Users then actually do the shipping in ShipRush on those orders. It has the same behavior as if we were importing orders from eBay, Amazon, etc.

If you are looking for a solution that will create the entry, do the shipment, make the label, and give you data back that use to update on your own solution, you probably need something like our REST API (full SDK). I will ask our Sales Group to follow up with you.

Thank you,
SYSOPS