PDA

View Full Version : Sandbox Environment Usage for Testing Shipping callback

MiguelCastellanos
07-30-2019, 07:28 PM
Hello,

I am trying to integrate the Web Shipping Javascript SDK in our platform, and I'd like to test the shipping callback, I already have a sandbox account but I cannot test the shipping because I don't have a carrier setup, so my questions are:

-Are there any test shipping carrier data that I could use to setup a fake shipping carrier account?
-If I setup a valid shipping carrier that is used in live shiprush account will that cause any charges?
-Is it possible to use the sandbox to simulate shipments and get the OnShipmentCompleted Callback called without having the shipping carrier setup?
-If not do you have a sample data structure of the information returned in the OnShipmentCompleted callback?

Thanks for your help.

felicityatwood
07-31-2019, 04:34 AM
My guess is that real shipping carriers hide their sensitive data and it's nearly impossible to setup a fake account using their credentials. Perhaps you can contact them directly and explain your situation instead of trying to find these data from a far.

SYSOPS
07-31-2019, 07:46 AM
You would need valid carrier accounts even in sandbox. You will not be charged for shipments done with UPS or FedEx if they do not actually scan the label. Best practice is to log into ShipRush Web after and void those shipments anyway.

Regarding sample data for OnShipmentCompleted: We do not have examples so you would need to have a carrier setup to run tests\scenarios to review your code. If you do not have the Javascript docs, please send an email to support at shiprush dot com and request that.

You'll also want to include this in the open call: IsSandbox: true,
That tells us you're using the sandbox environment

HTH,
SYSOPS

MiguelCastellanos
07-31-2019, 02:52 PM
You would need valid carrier accounts even in sandbox. You will not be charged for shipments done with UPS or FedEx if they do not actually scan the label. Best practice is to log into ShipRush Web after and void those shipments anyway.

Regarding sample data for OnShipmentCompleted: We do not have examples so you would need to have a carrier setup to run tests\scenarios to review your code. If you do not have the Javascript docs, please send an email to support at shiprush dot com and request that.

You'll also want to include this in the open call: IsSandbox: true,
That tells us you're using the sandbox environment

HTH,
SYSOPS

Thank you I'll try setting up a live account.