PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Notify a User a New Fax is in?

MichaelZolt
10-25-2005, 02:21 PM
How do I let users know new faxes are in and need review?

SYSOPS
10-26-2005, 05:18 AM
You can setup the Brooktrout module to send a Windows Message that a new fax has been received.

setup information from the helpfile:
http://www.zfirm.com/Product_Documentation/OmniRush/Receiving__Popup_Notificatoins.htm

SYSOPS

MichaelZolt
10-26-2005, 09:26 AM
Thanks, I will look into this shortly and let you know how it goes.

Michael

Tomster2
11-02-2005, 08:51 AM
Note: Messenger service via netsend is found under on each machine under control panel | administrative tools | services --- then look for messenger. I have looked at several XP machines in the last week, it was "disabled" on all of them. It needs to be on to either send or receive netsend messages.

SYSOPS
11-02-2005, 08:53 AM
Disabled due to Windows Security change in XP SP2 that disables by default. Also disabled by default in Win2003.

SYSOPS

SYSOPR
11-02-2005, 04:54 PM
Disabled due to Windows Security change in XP SP2 that disables by default. Also disabled by default in Win2003.

Disabled, yes. Just enable it in the service ctrl mgr and set to auto start (and then start it manually) and you are running.

It is disabled so that viruses and worms cannot spam you with pop up messages via the messenger animal (instead they have to get into your browser...).

Enabling it has no downside if you keep your network clean of viruses and have a firewall in place (as we are sure y'all do!)