PDA

View Full Version : How to bunch processed labels for printing later...?

apvin
11-03-2005, 01:33 PM
Hi,

I'm new to using v4. Is there any way possible to process 100+ FedEx labels and hold them in a file to print later? I work via laptop and want to process labels on the road and then when I return to print them all. Would be great if you could let me know how to?

Thanks.

SYSOPS
11-03-2005, 01:48 PM
That would be batch printing, not available in ShipRush.

Possible solution (may not work):
Set your label printer to paused in the OS
When you are connected to the printer turn the printer back in the OS
Would require that you not shut down the PC in doing this

Other option:
Setup a dummy printer in the OS (to a fake port)
Process your shipments
When back in the office go into View Shipments in ShipRush
Reprint the labels

SYSOPS

SYSOPR
11-03-2005, 02:41 PM
First let's clarify terms.....

If you want to press one button and print 100's of shipping labels, the interactive ShipRush product will not do the job. That is a feature of ShipRush Server (for CRM systems and developers) and ShipRush SDK (for developers).

If you are using ACT!2005/2006, GoldMine or SalesLogix on your laptop, ShipRush Server might be an option for this need.

Now if you want to be on a laptop and use interactive ShipRush with no printer attached, that is fine. You simply use ShipRush as usual, and the print jobs will stack up in the Windows print spooler. When you attach the printer, they will all unspool. (The downside of this is that you must use the hibernate option on the laptop, I am not sure if they will stay in the spooler across reboots.)

Also, you can print them while disconnected from a printer, and then you can attach the printer, go into View Shipments, and reprint them.

Let us know if we are getting near your question.

apvin
11-03-2005, 04:30 PM
A question about this...

First let's clarify terms.....

Also, you can print them while disconnected from a printer, and then you can attach the printer, go into View Shipments, and reprint them.

Let us know if we are getting near your question.

So...do I just PRINT AS USUAL (but obviously w/o a printer attached, thus no "real" print out)...then go back into ShipRush - View Shipments and just re-print all of them from there? That surely seems to be the easiest solution...do you agree?

Thanks.

SYSOPS
11-04-2005, 04:30 AM
Yes that would work. Depending on how you reconnect when back in the office you will either:

- get the labels printed because they were "stacked" up in the print spool
- go into View Shipments and tell ShipRush to reprint those labels

SYSOPS