PDA

View Full Version : A few questions

mcoviello
11-14-2005, 05:27 AM
I am using shiprush in demo mode prior to purchasing. I have a few questions.
the primary goal is to have shiprush work with outlook 2003 and exchange server. I have the company contacts in a public folder on the server.
My questions are.... :confused: :confused:

I'm pointing my pc's shiprush install to look to the server. Is there a way to list the login name of the person who made the shipment since i will be having a few of us making shipments? As well as other columns like reference number.

can the 'reference number' on the ship rush form be populated with a drop down box of our current projects from accounting? i.e. csv or excel?

I don't notice the entry showing up on the activities tab in the PUBLIC contacts. I notice it only when i do a shipment on my contacts but not the shared public contacts. Is this possible?

Reporting.
I only notice 'end of day' for ground only. Is there a way to show ALL shipments for the day?

Other than this, it seems like very good software and i most likely will be purchasing. :)

SYSOPS
11-14-2005, 06:36 AM
I'm pointing my pc's shiprush install to look to the server. Is there a way to list the login name of the person who made the shipment since i will be having a few of us making shipments? As well as other columns like reference number.
The information that shows will be the information that is populated in the Account information in Settings | Shipping Settings | Account. If you wish to show from different people, you can setup profiles under the main account (do not add as a second account), and have it show other usernames in the additional profiles.

When you state other columns like reference number....where are you wanting to see this information?

can the 'reference number' on the ship rush form be populated with a drop down box of our current projects from accounting? i.e. csv or excel?
Not at this time. No dropdown list is available.

I don't notice the entry showing up on the activities tab in the PUBLIC contacts. I notice it only when i do a shipment on my contacts but not the shared public contacts. Is this possible?
Might be. May also be a limitation regarding writing data back to that public location. Settings | Program Settings | CM Settings will show where you can save your history. Might not be possible to write to the public data.

Reporting.
I only notice 'end of day' for ground only. Is there a way to show ALL shipments for the day?
You can go into View Shipments | Report. This will generate a report of all day's shipments. You can choose to print that or save to file.

HTH,
SYSOPS

mcoviello
11-14-2005, 08:18 AM
The information that shows will be the information that is populated in the Account information in Settings | Shipping Settings | Account. If you wish to show from different people, you can setup profiles under the main account (do not add as a second account), and have it show other usernames in the additional profiles.

I see how to make additional profiles but cannot see 'show other usernames'

When you state other columns like reference number....where are you wanting to see this information?

when i right click and choose 'view shipments'. mostly i want to see the login name of the person who shipped the package.

Not at this time. No dropdown list is available.
that's fine. i think i can do something with the export features.

Might be. May also be a limitation regarding writing data back to that public location. Settings | Program Settings | CM Settings will show where you can save your history. Might not be possible to write to the public data.

I think i have this working. when i clicked cm settings the computer stalled. maybe because it was iterating through all of our public folders?

You can go into View Shipments | Report. This will generate a report of all day's shipments. You can choose to print that or save to file.
thanks

SYSOPS
11-14-2005, 08:27 AM
In View Shipments you can only choose the headers available. They are the default ones on the screen, or the optional ones if you click "Customize".

If you wish to see what profile shipped a package, you will need to build a report at the end of the day with the Report feature. That will show you the Ship From, and if you have profiles set for each user, will display their username.

SYSOPS

mcoviello
11-14-2005, 09:45 AM
In View Shipments you can only choose the headers available. They are the default ones on the screen, or the optional ones if you click "Customize".

Could it be possible (maybe in a future release) to have one of the customize options be the network login name of the computer?

SYSOPS
11-14-2005, 09:55 AM
I will pass that along to development as a suggestion.

SYSOPS