PDA

View Full Version : Remove phone numbers and names

ckanoab
11-16-2005, 08:06 AM
We have shiprush for fedex v2 (i know 4 is out and it's wonderful, unfortunately at the moment our order manager software does not support it) so with that in mind, we're entering a drop ship program with a huge online retailer and one of their requirements is that our label mimics theirs. so their label has a company name and address, nothing else, no phone number and no "name", however when i try to get shiprush to accept that i can't, i can trick it by entering spaces in the name but the phone number i can't beat. So how do i remove it? also we had to move our shiprush to another pc, and the last time we did it we were using shiprush for ups and we had a problem with duplicate tracking numbers, will we have the same issue with shiprush for fedex? i remember we had to change something in the ini settings.... thanks!

SYSOPS
11-16-2005, 08:20 AM
From Phone # is required in both v2 and v4. I do not have a way to trick the software.

ShipRush FedEx tracking information is generated by FedEx so moving to a different PC will not impact the tracking information.

SYSOPS

ckanoab
11-16-2005, 08:33 AM
argh, alrighty, thank you!

ckanoab
11-16-2005, 09:01 AM
is there a possibility of a patch that could be written? our drop ship partner is very strict on these requirements, there can not be a phone number anywhere on the label. from a programmer's aspect, it seems that there's a piece of code attached to the print label/ship button click event that checks if there is data in those 2 fields (from phone, to phone), it could be a potentially very to skip that validation line...

SYSOPS
11-16-2005, 09:09 AM
I will ask development about this. It may be a requirement put upon our software by FedEx, which we cannot change.

SYSOPS

ckanoab
11-16-2005, 09:39 AM
I know it's a lot to ask but if it is doable is there an eta? we're kind of down to the wire with this requirement, Amazon (our dropship partner) didn't inform us of the phone number requirement till today and we're set to go live in the next day or 2. According to amazon all of their other drop shippers do not have phone numbers on their labels (i would assume that these other companies do not use shiprush, and also assume that fedex does not require it if they're able to do it)

ebusinesscables
11-16-2005, 11:16 AM
Wouldn't it be possible to go to:
Right click
Program settings
Shipment defaults
Default phone number and enter spaces or a "." followed by spaces

Seems like it might? SYSOP, is this possible?

SYSOPS
11-16-2005, 11:23 AM
Not with ShipRush FedEx. Requires that you enter in numeric value.

SYSOPS

SYSOPR
11-16-2005, 11:46 AM
As I understand it you are on ShipRush v2 for FedEx ?

There will certainly not be a patch for that version. Sorry.

Let us know when you move to v4 and we can look into it. However some of this information is required by FedEx. We are not sure we will be able to provide the exact label you seek. (These things are tightly regulated.)

ckanoab
11-16-2005, 01:08 PM
for the name that's exactly how i beat the system, but the guys at zfirm were a little more stringent on the validation for the phone numbers, it actually requires 10 digits, the code must cycle thru the entire field with an isnumber true or false and count the # of digits and must equal atleast 10
i even tried to change the from phone in the ini file and it still caught it

ckanoab
11-16-2005, 01:40 PM
Haha, ok we're on 4, well, we will be next week, just spoke to Stone Edge and they should have a new version out next week, so we definately need that patch. called fedex, the person i spoke to said he didn't believe that it was a requirement as he sees plenty of labels without them, i'm waitin on an answer from our actual fedex rep so that i can help with the question of whether it's a requirement or not.

ckanoab
11-16-2005, 01:49 PM
and just got the answer from my rep:
Highly suggested but...not a requirement.
Let me know if anything else comes up?
Jennifer Tracey
FedEx Services
609-649-3371

so again, is this something that could happen quickly? its also a frustration on our own side of the business aside from the amazon Req's because we don't always capture a customer's phone number and are forced to type something and although singularly it's a very small amt of time to type it but when you add it up for say 500 orders a day that small amt of time becomes a large inefficiency

SYSOPR
11-16-2005, 02:59 PM
I think a phone # is going to be required. The FedEx specs require it.

(You could use any number, but there has to be something)

ckanoab
11-16-2005, 03:01 PM
even though my fedex rep says that it isn't required?

SYSOPR
11-16-2005, 03:20 PM
We believe it is required by the label cert group of FedEx.

ckanoab
11-16-2005, 03:22 PM
can you investigate that further? I'd be shocked if someone as big as Amazon was making labels that don't fit the carrier cert requirements

ckanoab
11-23-2005, 09:29 AM
Can/has some further investigation be done on this issue?

SYSOPR
11-23-2005, 12:44 PM
The phone # is required by the FedEx system. We cannot do anything about that.

(You can put any phone # you want there... but there must be one).

For company and contact name: The best approach is to simply use the same value for both.

E.g.

Acme Corp Warehouse
Acme Corp Warehouse

(Or whatever is appropriate)

It need not be a perspn's name. For example:

Acme Corp Warehouse
Fulfillment Dept

HTH!

SYSOPR
11-24-2005, 01:55 PM
Yes, the phone # is required. You can use any phone #, but there must be one.

For the company/contact in the FROM area of the label, you can use one value for both. E.g.

Acme Distributing
Acme Distributing

or

Acme Distributing
Warehouse

or whatever works best for you.

SYSOPR
11-30-2005, 10:05 AM
We will contact you directly to discuss this.

SYSOPR
12-05-2005, 10:10 AM
This was closed by phone.