PDA

View Full Version : Email and Fax Notification Help.

Windhover
11-22-2005, 10:29 AM
I'm trying to take full advantage of the shipment notifications. I'm having some trouble with spam filters (see attached gif image if it worked). Just to make it harder, my computer's ?Explorer? program is messed up and I can't get into the help files without ShipRush crashing. Please help me understand my options.

1. I don't know what "Use configured STMP server" means. Does this have anything to do with using my own email account??? I use Outlook, and I have email accounts both through my website and my ISP. My thought here is that the Shiprush mail server seems to be on a spam list. Maybe my own email address(es) would fare better.

2. I don't understand the fax notification feature. This would be great for my customers who are reluctant to use email. I can check the box for fax notif., but I can't enter anything in the number field. I don't know how this feature works and what may need to be configured to make the fax work. Can you help me?

I'm running ShipRush (full version) with my Quickbooks Prem. 2005. XP home ed., ShipRush v4.

SYSOPS
11-22-2005, 10:54 AM
Since it appears that the email is being blocked with ShipRush set to send mail directly, I would suggest switching to Configured SMTP relay server.

You would use the SMTP server for either your website or ISP, set the port to 25 (default), and configure if that server requires authentication (some do, some don't).

Then go under your account | Notifications and set to ShipRush sends email notifications and configure you as you wish.

Re: Fax notification
Where do you see this option in ShipRush?

SYSOPS

Windhover
11-22-2005, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the email info. Port 25 was the hard part for me. I'll look at setting this up for my next shipping day.

If the attachment worked, the fax notification is below.

SYSOPS
11-22-2005, 11:52 AM
Please go into Help | About from the ShipRush icon in the system tray and let us know what build\version it is.

SYSOPS

Windhover
11-22-2005, 12:07 PM
OK, I saw the handy-dandy update link in the Help/About screen. Pretty cool, guys! I'm downloading right now.

One thing I've been thinking of doing is signing up for something like faxaway.com and faxing that way (by emailing the info to their on-line faxing service). I'm still undecided whether or not this is important to do.

Thanks again for your help.

SYSOPR
11-23-2005, 10:51 AM
The fax option is in all builds of ShipRush v4 (FedEx) and v3 (UPS), but it is hidden by default. To turn it off, go into Settings and there is an option there for Show fax notification option under Shipment Defaults which causes it to be displayed.

This is a feature from the carrier (to send a notification by fax). It is not used much at all in the USA (and there is a surcharge for it).