PDA

View Full Version : Multiple UPS Accounts

mikegriffiths
12-08-2005, 11:02 AM
Our company is adding a new location, and UPS says we need a 2nd account to service that site. How do we handle this in Shiprush Basic? We have a 1 user license currently, and will need to be able to print labels at both locations, but integrate with the same Great Plains Database.

Thanks

SYSOPS
12-08-2005, 12:05 PM
Options:
- Add a second account in Settings | Shipping settings
Set ShipRush to ask for printer each time (printer in each location)
Can process shipments from same ShipRush installation, you select the account and printer

- Upgrade your license to a multiple user license
Install ShipRush on a seperate PC (second shipping location)
Set to use printer there

SYSOPS

mikegriffiths
12-08-2005, 01:43 PM
For option #2 - upgrade to multi-user licence - what is involved in that? Is there a shared database, or are users info/data completely separate from other user(s)? Is this the same as upgrade to Pro?

mikegriffiths
12-08-2005, 02:06 PM
For option #1 - add a 2nd account. I tried this, and got the error:
Address.settings.unlink failed: Member is read only.

Plus I didn't see where the label printer is associated with the account?

SYSOPS
12-08-2005, 02:26 PM
Multi-user license with SR Basic v3:
- Each PC is its own entity (seperate databases)
- Upgrade to Pro is a seperate item. Requires removing Basic\Installing Pro, new license. That will then share a common database of shipments

When do you get the error of "Address.settings.unlink failed: Member is read only"?
Will not associate a printer for each account. Printer is configured for each user. The option to ask for printer for each shipment is under settings | printers

SYSOPS

mikegriffiths
12-08-2005, 02:36 PM
OK - it is getting clearer now....

I get the error "Address.settings.unlink failed: Member is read only" when I hit the 'ADD ACCOUNT' button in settings - shipment settings window. Maybe this is related to the issue of us moving our shiprush from one PC to another (see my other thread on this), which I completed several weeks ago with your guidance.

SYSOPS
12-08-2005, 02:39 PM
It might be. Are you logged into the PC as an Admin user (just to make sure this isn't a rights issue)?

We have not seen this error before.

SYSOPS

mikegriffiths
12-08-2005, 03:39 PM
Yes - the account has administrator priv. It is a user on a Microsoft Terminal Server system, Windows server 2003.

SYSOPR
12-09-2005, 08:54 AM
Can you please go into Help | About in ShipRush and post the version you are running (the full version 3.0.0.1234556)

Thank you!

mikegriffiths
12-15-2005, 09:54 AM
Sorry for taking so long to get back... out of pocket for a few days.

The version is 3.0.0.553

SYSOPR
12-15-2005, 12:35 PM
Hmmmm. This is not a known issue in ShipRush Basic (any build).

You might want to rename the data folder, let ShipRush recreate it, and then see if the Add Account feature works (thinking the database may be damaged).