PDA

View Full Version : multiple licenses

phlyman
12-18-2005, 06:34 AM
I just purchased a second license for ShipRush. I use both licenses with QuickBooks 2003 Premier. I can't find any information on how to link the two ShipRush programs together to keep one data base of shipping. Where can I find this information?

SYSOPR
12-18-2005, 09:22 PM
ShipRush v3 Basic Edition (which is what you are running, I think), does not allow this.

This option is only in Pro Edition and v4 (FedEx).

phlyman
12-19-2005, 06:43 AM
I'm confused (as if you didn't already know). This is a message I received from Z-Firm:

If you want share the ShipRush data between the two machines then you will need to use the new license I sent you for both machines.
To enter the new license in your current ShipRush program, right click on your ShipRush icon, select SETTINGS | PROGRAM SETTINGS | CHANGE CM and enter the new license code.

I have two machines running quickbooks 2003 premier and shiprush. we do internet sales, and it is imperative that both machines have access to the shipping information, to verify ship date, tracking number, etc.

Aditionally, I had a single license to shiprush before I purchased the multi user license. Is there one data base for all these licenses, two, or three.

I am presently trying to locate verification that an order was sent. I need to send today if it hasn't been sent. I can't locate the shipment, but i'm not sure whether it will be on one or another computer, license, etc.

I searched on knowledgebase and forum. I can't locate any informationaboutuse of multi user license.

Thanks

SYSOPS
12-19-2005, 06:53 AM
Let me clarify:

ShipRush UPS v3 Basic at this time is not networkable. Each PC is its own database for shipping information. If misinformation was given to you, I apologize for that. They may have been thinking ShipRush UPS v3 Pro (which is networkable).

The reason why you may have needed to purchase a multi-user license for ShipRush Basic is due to wanting to run it on more than one PC. A single user license on multiple PCs is a breach in EULA (end user license agreement).

SYSOPS

phlyman
12-19-2005, 01:33 PM
If I entered the multiuser license number into the machine that previously had the old number, will I have two separate data bases, or will the new multiuser license feed the shipments into the old database?

Yes, I think I was misinformed. It really reduces the value of the product not to share the data base. In my opinion it is inconsistent to have multiple users and multiple databases and significantly reduces the functionaliity.

SYSOPS
12-19-2005, 01:37 PM
Same database as was there previously.

We are working on a new version that will have a centralized database. No ETA on release at this point.

SYSOPS