PDA

View Full Version : Problems with shipRush v. 4 & PeachTree

chrishn
12-28-2005, 12:09 PM
I have been using v 4.0.0.1002 for the last couple months and love the integration it gives.

However, I found several problems, such as:
- not being able to notify multiple email addresses if they are too long
- not being able to process Fedex Ground Intl to Canada
- not being able to use a unique "ship to address" entered manually in the invoice [ShipRush gives only the choice of PeachTreet pre-saved 10 ship to addresses]
- not being able to automatically pull invoice data from fields such as invoice#, PO#, etc. into label fields

I understand we are now going to have to pay $97.50/year/PC to continue using this software. Before I commit to this software, I would like to know what are Z-Firm's plans to fix the problems and make the software integrate more comprehensively.

PS. I just upgraded to v. 4.0.0.1039 - so maybe some of my problems have been answered...

SYSOPS
12-28-2005, 12:29 PM
To address your items:

**That might be beyond our control (FedEx spec given to us). I will pass that along to development investigate.

- not being able to process Fedex Ground Intl to Canada
**Will be available with the next release update (should be very shortly)

- not being able to use a unique "ship to address" entered manually in the invoice [ShipRush gives only the choice of PeachTreet pre-saved 10 ship to addresses]
**Has not changed. We are unable at this time to read the data from the invoice itself.

- not being able to automatically pull invoice data from fields such as invoice#, PO#, etc. into label fields
**1039 might have that option now in settings | program settings | cm settings. If not, it will be in the next release of ShipRush FedEx v4.

SYSOPS

chrishn
12-28-2005, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the quick reply.

About email notification,
**That might be beyond our control (FedEx spec given to us). I will pass that along to development investigate.

I noticed there are 2 options:
a. Shipping carrier sends email notifications [which I am currently using]
b. ShipRush sends email notifications [asking for notification settings & template]

How does option b work, and would it let me send notification to multiple people (i.e. me, buyer, drop-ship end user)

Thanks

SYSOPS
12-28-2005, 01:36 PM
To configure:

Settings | Shipping Settings | Advanced | Email Settings
Set to use configured SMTP relay server
- Servername
- Port # should be 25
- Set authentication (if required)

Settings | Shipping Settings | FedEx Account | Notifications
- Set ShipRush sends email notifications
- Configure the template and settings there to your needs\liking

Still might give an issue with the field being too long. I will pass that along to development to see if they can change that behavior.

SYSOPS