PDA

View Full Version : scale not "reading" on SR Demo

moakley
01-05-2006, 08:02 AM
I have the SR Basic demo running except for our NCI 7815 scale. The configure and test in ShipRush reports the scale as being "found" and properly working, *but* lbs. are always reported as 0.00 doing the "test" and the scale icon on the shipping dialog does nothing. Scale is communicating fine with PC using Hyper Terminal with all commands functioning correctly with proper data being returned. I have read http://www.zfirm.com/Product_Documentation/ShipRush_v4_FedEx/scale_support.htm

This issue is the only item holding up the purchase of SR.

Myron Oakley
Z-Tech, Inc.
www.panelpunches.com

SYSOPS
01-05-2006, 08:37 AM
How is the scale connected to the PC? Have a different port to connect the scale to?

SYSOPS

moakley
01-05-2006, 08:50 AM
Com1 is on the mother board and in use. We added a dual serial card which installed as COM4 and COM5. Scale and either COM4 and COM5 communicate fine with Hyper Terminal. I can try Com1 on the m/b if you like.

SYSOPS
01-05-2006, 08:52 AM
Please do. Let's see if it's an issue with the add-on serial card.

SYSOPS

moakley
01-05-2006, 11:37 AM
Tried COM1 with same results. SR setup and test says it's fine but test returns 0.00 lbs. Hyperterm works fine with scale. The only other thing I can do on my end is insert a breakout box and watch all the signals, comparing Hyperterm with SR.

SYSOPR
01-05-2006, 12:28 PM
Sorry for the hassles here. Scales usually are really plug and play.... even the COM based ones!

The easiest path is probably to get a USB based scale on ebay....

COM scales are still COM ports.

moakley
01-05-2006, 01:30 PM
If fact some of the forums were saying a USB interface would *not* work with ShipRush. I'll put the breakout box on it and try to find out what's going on.

SYSOPR
01-05-2006, 01:42 PM
There are no known issues with usb scales.

If there is something that indicates otherwise (here on the forums or elsewhere) please let us know!