PDA

View Full Version : Online tracking question

dustinw
01-06-2006, 09:47 AM
Hello,

I am developing a site for a company that uses ShipRush to ship out all there products. I am creating an online tracking system for them right now. I wondering if you have any documentation on how your tracking number system works and how to track online with those tracking numbers.

Thank you,

Dustin

SYSOPS
01-06-2006, 09:59 AM
For FedEx the tracking # is generated by the FedEx servers.

I don't follow the question on how to track with those numbers. Tracking would be the same as going to FedEx.com and their tracking page:
http://www.fedex.com/Tracking?link=1&cntry_code=us&lid=//Track//Pack+Track+Corp

SYSOPS

dustinw
01-06-2006, 10:08 AM
Hi SYSOPS,

That was what I needed to know. I haven't been able to use the shiprush software myself so I wasn't sure how the tracking worked. So basically the customer is still given a fedex tracking number and not a shiprush number so that when they go to my online tracking page they will know what there fedex tracking number is.
I'm assuming the same for the shiprush for ups then, that the customer is given a ups tracking number(not a reference number).

Thank you for your help,

Dustin

SYSOPS
01-06-2006, 10:20 AM
In FedEx, generated by the FedEx server.

In UPS, generated by ShipRush. After End of Day is processed, will be available for tracking on the UPS website. We generate a valid tracking number, not just a reference.

SYSOPS

dustinw
01-06-2006, 11:05 AM
Thanks a lot for the help, that's the exact info I needed.

Dustin